Posted 1 Nov 2023, 6:50 pm
Sr Embedded Software Engineer I Open Work at Axon
You’ll be part of a highly visible software engineering team that develops embedded software for fleet hub that connects cameras and other peripherals to ensure vital evidence is captured during mission critical moments for our customers. This is an opportunity to grow alongside a team of talented software and firmware engineers and to create exciting next generation public safety products such as in-car cameras, wireless microphones, and more!
As a senior engineer on the team, you will be intimately involved in the architecture decisions that will shape our products. You are dedicated to building device software that requires high stability and fast, consistent performance. You love working with the latest open source technologies, and can leverage your system design skills to make the right technical decisions on a system that needs to be bullet-proof.
Not only can you drive decisions among competing engineering trade-offs, your empathy with customers allows you to offer innovative solutions for our customer problems. You will be working closely with product managers and designers to ensure we are building the right solution for our customers. You also enjoy mentoring other engineers, and love to be a hands-on teacher helping to up level the team around you.
Your job, as a Senior Embedded Application Software Engineer, will be to design, develop, test and maintain embedded applications and networking configurations, and the supporting system and libraries, while interfacing with cloud and firmware services for the Fleet system. Join us to work with a passionate, mission-driven group of people who want to positively impact the lives of first responders and those that they serve.
What You’ll Do
Location: Remotely from USA/Canada OR Onsite at our Seattle, WA office
Reports to: Software engineering manager
Direct Reports: 0
- Be part of a high performing team that designs and develops embedded applications and network configurations for Axon's Fleet products
- Set a high technical bar for the team by leading architecture, design and code reviews
- Collaborate across Product Management, Design, and Engineering teams to create integrated solutions that delight our customers
- Build software that adheres to our high bar on quality, stability and latency in this mission-critical space
- Work to identify and integrate latest open source technologies to help meet our product requirements
- Improve our software engineering process, including long-term thinking, sprint planning/retrospective and stand-ups
- Mentor other junior software engineers
What You Bring
- 5+ years experience of professional software development in C/C++, Go, Python and/or another systems programming language
- Experience with Embedded Linux development
- 5+ years experience writing unit, integration and/or system level tests
- 2+ years mentoring junior team members and/or leading small teams
- Networking knowledge (such as TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, DHCP, tunneling to support a diverse array of network configurations) is a plus
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, run-time analysis, object-oriented design and code quality verification
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 122,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 234,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 187,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 359,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Please mention the word **SOFTER** and tag RMTE3LjEzMi4xODguMjA2 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTE3LjEzMi4xODguMjA2). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok