Posted 1 Nov 2023, 6:53 pm
Head of Payment Operations Fnality Services at Fnality
Here at Fnality, we are powering the future of finance, together: combining best in class technology with free-flowing creativity, and expertise that can make business better for everyone. There are no precedents for what we’re doing. With you on our side, we’ll be setting new ones every day.
In a complex world, we are here to bring clarity and make positive change.
Fnality Services is central to each FnPS’s effective and resilient operation and provides an efficient common service platform for the secure global delivery of settlement operations.
The Head of Payment Operations Role:
Fnality Services is looking for a Head of Payment Operations who can demonstrate competencies which will enable them to successfully:
- Lead the Head of Payment Operations to deliver a robust and resilient service to our Participants and critical stakeholders.
- Play a key role in stakeholder engagement, ensuring that service delivery meets performance expectation, instituting efficiencies and where relevant driving contractual enhancements.
- Monitor and manage the Payment Operations team, systems and critical infrastructure to ensure payment operations occur as agreed and in line with risk tolerances.
- Guide, mentor and drive continuous improvement of the team, policy, processes and procedures within Fnality Services.
- Play a key role in managing incidents and ensuring best possible outcomes and resolution.
- Collaborate with the management team of Fnality Services and relevant members of the wider ecosystem to grow and mature the business with a focus on developing and optimising processes.
You will need to take accountability for:
- Driving excellence in the Payment Operations team.
- All aspects of reporting as it pertains to the performance, operations of the FnPS including Risk controls and regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring the onboarding, oversight and management of participants operating in the system occurs at the agreed levels.
- Ensuring the team deliver excellent customer service and support to Key stakeholders including our ecosystem partners, Fnality Locals, participants and central banks and regulators.
- Oversee the monitoring of the payment system, utilising your knowledge and understanding of how a payment system operates under stress and the market conditions that drive behaviours. Identifying new alerts to support effective management of the payments system and reasonably judge the participants behaviour to determine escalation requirements.
- Ensuring security measures in place are followed to prevent external threats to all systems and that the team understand the risks and impacts of a security event on FnServices and all stakeholders.
- Playing a critical role in the determination of when to trigger an appropriate response to an incident or security related event in line with Incident management Procedures.
- Providing oversight of Change Management process as it affects Payment operations, understanding the tooling involved and how to examine change within the environment and where it affects participants.
- Excellent communication including customer service, Stakeholder and relationship management skills.
- Detailed knowledge of how CHAPS and High Value payment systems work including a good understanding of settlement risk / finality /SWIFT.
- Experience working closely with customers (Tier 1 Banks, Central Banks, Regulators) overseeing and supporting the delivery of 24x7 availability of platforms.
- Has a good level of Understanding and experience in the application of payment services regulations and stays abreast of any changes. Internally championing the changes required to meet the relevant payment services regulations.
- Experience in new payment systems (highly desirable), enhancing process and managing projects (critical)
- Demonstrable understanding of the different audiences that Fnality caters to and their needs and internal reporting pressures.
- Is able to manage internal relationships effectively to meet the different service needs.
- Has the knowledge and capabilities to conduct an Initial triage of an issue.
- Is competent in data, statistical and trend analysis.
- Has a broad understanding of banking business models.
- Has a basic understanding of the principles of DLT and blockchain technology.
- Can reasonably demonstrate understanding of SWIFT/ MT/MX messaging and payment infrastructure.
- Has the knowledge, experience and capabilities to lead and manage more junior members of the team in their subject matter area providing mentoring and coaching to develop their capabilities.
- Has good knowledge of BCP Planning and Disaster Recovery options.
- Excellent attention to detail.
A bit more about us
Digital transformation is changing our lives, work and businesses. While other sectors evolve however, financial markets remain slow, fragmented and siloed. What the world needs now is a future-facing financial system for the digital age.
At Fnality, we have been speaking – and listening – to the real users of today’s financial systems. From businesses to banks, there is a clear, collective ambition for a simpler, faster, safer and more resilient payment system; one that can move and settle money quickly and efficiently, with minimised risk and much more transparency.
Fnality Global Payments
We are building a new payment system that will enable tokenised, peer-to-peer markets.
Fnality Global Payments (FnGP) will comprise a series of national systems, each regulated in its home jurisdiction. We call each of these a Fnality Payment System (FnPS).
In each payment system, a Fnality settlement asset will act as the settlement/payment asset for any Payment (P), Delivery v, Payment (DvP) or payment vs. payment (PvP) need.
FnGP are underpinned by Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT). The nature of DLT is such that it enables FnGP to:
- Operate a true peer-to-peer market
- Allow for immediate settlement
- Interoperate across business platforms and jurisdictions
The key benefits of the above are:
- Reduced counter-party and credit risk
- Reduced operational risk
- Efficient liquidity management
- An ability to move resources from risk mitigation to business growth
How will we use the information about you?
We will use your personal information to process your application, to enable us to assess your suitability for a role and for other legitimate business purposes such as improving our sites and talent management practices. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not use or share your information for marketing purposes.
We will take appropriate security measures to safeguard your information in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you would like further information about how your information may be processed by us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the word **ENTICING** and tag RMTE3LjEzMi4xODguMjA2 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTE3LjEzMi4xODguMjA2). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok