Posted 1 Nov 2023, 11:50 pm
Prototype Designer at Axon
As a Prototype Designer on the New Ventures team, you will work with a small, talented incubation team focused on building products that save lives. We rapidly prototype integrated hardware and software products to demonstrate viability. Your role is focused on the design side of those prototypes, being willing to quickly build, measure, learn and repeat. Innovation is what has made Axon successful and this team is at the heart of those efforts.
Your eagerness to help address hard societal and policing challenges drives you to deeply understand the problem space and work with the team to ideate and iterate on solutions, knowing that success is built on the shoulders of repeated failures. It’s not going to be easy, but there are no egos here and we are driven by a common mission. Your objective is to prototype designs that lead to products that save lives.
Join us to work on meaningful products that will make a difference in our communities and across the globe.
What You’ll Do
Location: Seattle, WA, Scottsdale, AZ, or Remote
Reports to: Director, Product Design, Software Engineering
- Build rapid visual prototypes to demonstrate to customers and leadership
- Iterate quickly based on feedback
- Work across multiple mediums (web, mobile, presentations, storyboards, videos, 3D)
- Work across teams with Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Product Design, and others to creatively build solutions that excite our customers.
- Build solutions that provide a path from incubation to customer facing
- Leverage the best design tools to do the job
What You Bring
- A degree in HCI, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, or other related field.
- New graduates welcome
- Passion to deliver holistic customer experiences, along with the communication skills and storytelling abilities to convey a compelling, user-centric product journey
- Experience in multiple design tools, such as Figma, Rive, After Effects, Cinema4D, or similar
- Interest in how you can leverage new AI based design tools
- You follow the latest in design and can intuit the fine line between promising new practice and overhyped fad
- You love delighting end users and hunger for novel challenges
- You are able to function both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- You have a design portfolio available for review
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 85,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 163,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 105,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 203,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Please mention the word **SUPERBLY** and tag RMTE3LjEzMi4xODguMjA2 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTE3LjEzMi4xODguMjA2). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok