Posted 31 Oct 2023, 1:10 pm
SDET at Vonage
Vonage Engineering Mission: Vonage is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. We have seen a lot of growth within the Healthcare and Education sectors, and we also enable companies like Babylon Health to connect patients with doctors. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
Quality at Vonage is at the centre of everything we do. If you want to create products that change the world and are committed 100% to customer success—this is the place. Great products. Great people. Great team. Great opportunity. We are looking for highly motivated technical talent that will step up and have an impact, as our platform takes circa 1 billion API calls per month.
We are looking to hire extraordinary Software Engineers who have taken their career to testing, developing process automation and also building infrastructure resiliency & security. You will be developing automated tools and tests to continuously improve the efficiency of our software development process and the quality of the software we develop.
What you'll do
- Develop automated tests and test frameworks
- Work on functional and non-functional testing (including performance, security, resiliency and chaos)
- Improve our CI/CD pipelines
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve or establish quality processes
- Help automate all aspects of the software engineering process
- Review designs and code done by others and provide constructive feedback
- Continuously develop your own skills and help others to improve theirs
What we value:
Being disruptive. Getting things done. With smart people. Enjoying knowing that the work we do is having a global impact by enabling never before imagined communications.
We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We iterate quickly, we fail fast, we take smart chances. We value those who will help us continue this spirit
Values matter at Vonage. We are on a mission to bring value for consumers and enterprises through global cloud based communications.
But just as important as delivering value is how we deliver that value.
We believe in integrity. Both personally and professionally. We believe in empowering our employees and are actively seeking entrepreneurs in training who want to help build something larger.
We have gotten to this point by being committed, passionate, and focused on getting things done. We need more people like us. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.
What you'll bring
Our Tech Stack is broad, and can vary from API to API, therefore we are looking to speak with Engineers with experience across a number of the following areas (by no means do we expect you to have experience with all!):
- Strong Automation testing knowledge of REST APIs
- Coding knowledge - with preference for Python & Java
- Software development experience before moving to testing and automation is a plus
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools - Jenkins is a plus
- Experience with cloud - AWS is a plus
- Docker, Kubernetes & Nomad exposure would be advantageous
- Experience with performance testing frameworks (e.g. Gatling, wrk2) is a plus
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code frameworks, such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with Kafka is a plus
If you have any formal education like a Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, this would be highly advantageous.
What is in it for you
- Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited DTO
- Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time
- Kafeteria MyBenefit
- Creative Tax
- Education Reimbursement
- Polish lessons for foreign candidates
- New team member Buddy Program
- Free Headspace App Subscription
- Office Library
- Social Events
- Glasses Reimbursement
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.
Please mention the word **WORTH** and tag RMTguMjIzLjEyMy4zOA== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTguMjIzLjEyMy4zOA==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok