Posted 31 Oct 2023, 5:00 pm
Build Engineer Canada at Transfr
TRANSFR, a leader in the virtual reality educational and training software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Build / DevOps Engineer who can help ensure that we continuously improve our CI/CD pipeline and make sure that we are helping the development teams get their work in the hands of QA.
The role requires the ability to understand and communicate feedback between all the parties involved in the simulation process. The ideal candidate will have experience leading cross-teams, collaborative projects and the ability to solve, identify and work through complex problems; a true love for learning; and a burning desire to contribute to outcomes that change the world.\n
- Maintenance and improvement of the build system
- Developing and managing Continuous Integration systems.
- Code compilation and integration.
- Improving builds performance.
- Working closely with the development team to integrate new deployment processes.
- Coordinating offline automation processes.
- Maintaining source control branches and performing integrations with merge conflicts.
- Providing Git support for the teams.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of the build/release process.
- Create and setting up new servers/services to support the growing operations
- Maintain and optimize our Technical Operations
- Provide monitoring to our services and work on playbook and escalation plans.
- Unity experience
- 5+ experience in software development and DevOps
- Experience with C#
- DevOps Tools, including Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker
- Experience with databases, NoSQL and SQL, such as MongoDB and Postgresql
- Demonstrable scripting experience with a variety of scripting languages for automating tasks, generating reports, and creating tools (e.g. Groovy, Python, Shell)
- Experience using source control software (e.g. Perforce, GIT)
- Experience working in a cloud environment such as GCP, AWS or Azure
- Experience using CI tooling
- Experience using Jira
- A proactive attitude towards helping others to get their work done faster and more efficiently.
- Interest in good code practices.
- Strong attention to detail
- We are an agile environment, so kanban or scrum experience is a plus
What We Offer:
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $144K - $158K CAD, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role will be eligible for additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
We invite you to be a part of something BIG. join us. Create alternative pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs.
*Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without restriction.
TRANSFR is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal or state laws.
Please mention the word **UPBEAT** and tag RMTguMjIzLjEyMy4zOA== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTguMjIzLjEyMy4zOA==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok