Posted 31 Oct 2023, 6:30 pm
Senior Pipeline Technical Animator at 2K
Cloud Chamber is looking for a Senior Pipeline Technical Animator to work closely with the animation and programming teams to push the creative vision and technical boundaries. You have deep expertise developing tool sets used for content creation. You will design, develop, and maintain proprietary tools that enable our team to achieve their goals. You must demonstrate a comprehensive grasp of the cross-functional implications and effects on various teams and look to understand the whys of how something works and being able to clearly communicate the findings to others. You are motivated to learn, seek new wisdom, and take pride in mentoring others.
- Engage with stakeholders to align on objectives and develop scalable solutions that optimize content authoring workflows.
- Architect and build user facing pipelines and tools in python for our DCC tools and Unreal.
- Competently navigate content pipelines between DCC's when needed with tools.
- Support team members encountering issues with tools, DCC Software, source control, and game engine.
- Champion best programming practices by actively participating in code reviews, crafting clean and readable code, unit testing, and maintaining comprehensive documentation.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Solid knowledge of Maya Python API, including knowledge of the standard library, Qt toolkit (PySide, PyQt), and common 3rd Party Libraries and frameworks required.
- Understanding of Unreal Animation Blueprint and Sequencer.
- Understanding the importance of documenting workflows and sharing knowledge.
- Proficiency in utilizing source control systems such as Perforce and Swarm to facilitate efficient code management and streamline the code review process.
- Proficient in DCC tools and software with a keen understanding of their downstream implications
- Experience with large code bases, legacy code bases, industry standard tool sets and workflows.
- Experience working with Unreal and Unreal Python API and/or C++
- Previous experience in games development, preferably with at least 1 AAA title shipped.
- Consistently demonstrated your proficiency in designing, constructing, and expanding intricate C++ systems, such as rigging or animation blueprints.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you! Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.
Please mention the word **WARMHEARTED** and tag RMTguMjIzLjEyMy4zOA== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTguMjIzLjEyMy4zOA==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok