Posted 31 Oct 2023, 7:00 pm
Backend Engineer Elixir at Remote
You'll be joining 100 engineers across Frontend, Backend, SRE and QA. We're organised into cross-functional development teams assigned to specific verticals.
This role is open for several teams, and we will define the exact team that you will be joining during the interview process based on the business needs and your preferences.
Regardless of the specific team, you will be working on building tools, APIs and integrations for one of our products.
Our backend is built with Elixir and Phoenix, with a Postgres database. We use React and Nextjs for our front-end. Gitlab is used as a version control tool, issue tracker and a CI/CD solution. Our applications are hosted on AWS. We fully rely on our CI for deployments and deploy multiple times per day.
What this job can offer you
- Complex and meaningful challenges — solving them will enable people and businesses to live and operate in any country of the world.
- Opportunity to have a significant impact on the business — we are still very early in our journey as a company, and each change you make today is amplified by the company's growth.
- A lot of freedom to organize your work and life — you are not bound to daily standups, recurring meetings or other ceremonies.
- Competitive salary, stock options, unlimited PTO and a set of perks and benefits.
- A supportive and kind work environment where we would like you to challenge the dogmas and pursue innovation!
- Strong team of experienced engineers who will support and facilitate your professional growth.
What you bring
- Significant experience as a Backend Engineer, which includes building, shipping and maintaining a complicated software project
- Solid knowledge and experience in Elixir and Postgres (or similar database)
- Experience in dealing with ambiguity, taking abstract concepts and turning them into working software
- Ability to work independently and self-guided
- Curiosity and willingness to learn and develop
- Experience working in HR- or Fintech projects is a plus
- You'll report to: The Engineering Team Lead
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- (async) Code exercise
- Interview with the team (you'll get a sense of who you'd be working with)
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
Please mention the word **BELOVED** and tag RMTguMjIzLjEyMy4zOA== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTguMjIzLjEyMy4zOA==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok