Posted 30 Oct 2023, 6:00 am
Senior Data Scientist at Deep Genomics
Deep Genomics is a startup company that aims to revolutionize drug development by leveraging expertise in artificial intelligence (AI) to decode RNA biology. Our proprietary platform, the AI Workbench, enables us to decode the enormous complexity of RNA biology to find novel targets, mechanisms, and molecules that are not accessible through traditional methods. We use this advanced technology to develop steric-blocking oligonucleotides (SBOs) that achieve expression increase for the treatment of genetic disease. Founded in 2015, our multidisciplinary team includes expertise in a diverse range of disciplines including those found in a traditional drug company, as well as machine learning, laboratory automation, and software engineering. Deep Genomics is based in Toronto, Ontario with an additional location in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Where You Fit In
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team of machine learning scientists, software engineers, and wet lab biologists. Your role will focus on collaborating closely with bench scientists to design experiments and analyze data. You will also work alongside machine learning scientists, applying ML models to practical, impactful projects.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with wet lab scientists on experimental design and data analysis.
- Develop and maintain tools for automating data analysis pipelines.
- Benchmark internal and external machine learning models, focusing on applications like variant effect prediction and RNA therapeutic design.
- Mentor and guide junior data scientists, fostering a supportive and collaborative environment for team growth and learning.
What you bring:
- An MSc or PhD in computational biology, biostatistics, or a related field.
- At least three years of experience working with experimental teams.
- A strong understanding of statistics.
- Solid experience in software engineering best practices, such as version control, unit testing, and continuous integration.
Nice to have:
- Experience with deep learning models applied to biology
What we offer:
- A highly competitive salary and meaningful equity compensation (ESOPs)
- A wide array of company-paid benefits
- Exceptional opportunities for learning and growth working alongside a world-class team of researchers and software developers working at the intersection of the most exciting areas of science and technology.
Deep Genomics thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deep Genomics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please mention the word **HALLMARKS** and tag RMTA4LjE1LjM4LjU5 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA4LjE1LjM4LjU5). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok