Posted 28 Oct 2023, 4:03 pm
Staff Researcher at Ad Hoc Company Website
The Federal Health Team is looking for a Staff Researcher to join the Blue Button 2.0 Program. This position is fully remote
Work on things that matter
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our teams use modern, agile methods to design and engineer government systems that connect Veterans with services, bring affordable health care to millions of people, and support important programs like Head Start. And as we work to make critical government services intuitive, accessible, and human-centered, we’re also changing how the government thinks about and uses technology. If you thrive on change, want to help close the gap between consumer expectations and government services, and can see the possibilities in ambiguity, then we want you here with us.
The Federal Health business unit covers our work with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, including HealthCare.gov, Medicare.gov, and the Blue Button API. Our team supports Federal Heath in building and improving online public experiences and APIs that are reliable, accessible, and user-centered. We help millions of people enroll in healthcare and access Medicare and Medicaid benefits, and we help Federal Health improve the quality of Medicare and Medicaid services for beneficiaries and clinicians.
The Blue Button 2.0 (BB2.0) Research Lead defines UX research strategy and carries out research projects for BB 2.0 and heavily contributes to design and product direction. This person also contributes to UX knowledge and processes across the DASG ecosystem.
- Plan, conduct, and analyze user research for the Blue Button 2.0 API
- Maintain the Blue Button Research Repository
- Build and maintain our panel of research participants
- Facilitate product decision making with the team
- Consult on design adjustments the team makes based on research findings
- Contribute to internal and external communications about the product
- Guide and mentor other UX team members
- Own research roadmap and program increment plans, in collaboration with CMS product owner and Ad Hoc product manager
- Define scope for research efforts and make adjustments as needed
- Occasionally work with BFD on their research needs. Most of the work here is about bridging the gap between the BFD team and other peering partner API teams
- Qualitative research experience - able to scope, manage, facilitate, and analyze research studies independently. Typical methods include moderated interviews, usability testing, analysis of support content.
- Ability to self-manage complex projects and deliver quality work on time
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- Experience interacting with complex stakeholder landscapes
- UX design experience
- Service design experience
- Experience with metrics in AWS Quicksight
- Experience with Adobe Analytics or other web analytics tools
- HTML, CSS, and Markdown experience for reviewing and contributing to a Jekyll site
- Familiarity with Sketch
- Ability to work in Confluence, Jira, Github, Zoom, Google Apps, Airtable, Mural
- Working knowledge of APIs as a concept
- Knowledge of the FHIR standard
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $125,000-$140,000 Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. Job Reference 2090 Fed Health Blue Button 2.0
Please mention the word **BEAUTIFULLLY** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzEuMjMy when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzEuMjMy). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok
Similar Job Offers
Sign up and get weekly
remote design job offers
to your mailbox.
- Weekly Remote Jobs
- No Spam
- Unsubscribe Anytime
Only one step left:
Check your inbox and confirm your subscription.
Don't forget to check your spam folder!