Posted 28 Oct 2023, 4:04 pm
Software Engineer at Phaidra
Who You Are
Phaidra is looking for a driven Senior Software Engineer to be a part of our Infrastructure team. You are bold and creative, and have deep empathy for customers who may not be tech-savvy. You will work directly with our Infrastructure lead to build and maintain world class infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact with your work and guide the product and team as we grow.
We are seeking a team member located within one of the following areas: USA
The ideal candidate has expertise building self service Internal Developer Platforms for deploying and managing cloud infrastructure on AWS/GCP/Azure and ideally Kubernetes Operators. Your responsibilities will touch on building Developer Portals, Developer Experience & Tooling Infrastructure Engineering and DevOps. Your work will empower developers to be self sufficient in infrastructure related operations.
- You will build an internal developer portal and tooling for abstracting infrastructure with a self service approach.
- You will work closely with developers to identify infrastructure pain points and build the platform accordingly
- You will help build and manage infrastructure for:
- Large-scale data ingestion and processing.
- Distributed model training, evaluation and inference.
- Automating the end-to-end system for continuous improvement and deployment.
- You will work with cloud services like AWS, Azure, GCP.
- You will work with Cloud Native technologies like Kubernetes.
- You will help build CI/CD pipelines and take part in DevOps duties.
- You will write and maintain tooling and documentation for infrastructure, supported applications and processes.
- You will apply SRE principles for observability, automation and change management.
- Build and maintain cross-functional relationships with internal teams to drive initiatives.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Proven software engineering experience, ideally with Python or Go.
- Experience with Internal Developer Platform products such as Backstage, Port or Upbound.
- Experience working with developers with a focus on infrastructure automation.
- Proven experience automating Cloud on AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience developing Kubernetes Operators and general Kubernetes related automation.
- Good understanding of Linux-based Operating Systems, Containerisation and Orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Good understanding of DevOps and SRE principles.
- Experience with Terraform or other configuration management tools like Jsonnet, Kapitan, Helm or Kustomize.
- Share our company values: curiosity, ownership, transparency & directness, outcome-based performance, and customer empathy.
- Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform & Kapitan
- Gitlab CI, ArgoCD, Atlantis, Vercel
- GCP - GKE, PubSub, CloudSQL, BigTable, Postgres, etc.
- REST & gRPC micro-services
- Poetry, Pantsbuild
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience with Software Engineering.
- Experience developing Internal Developer Platforms and tooling.
- Expertise with multi and hybrid cloud environments.
- Expertise with some parts of our tech stack is a big plus.
- Experience in automating scalable multi-tenant systems architectures with high availability, fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring, and statistics/metrics collection.
In your first 30 days...
- You will be immersed in an onboarding program that introduces you to Phaidra and our product.
- You will spend time in the Engineering org, learning how the teams operate, interact, and approach problems.
- You will read various parts of our handbook and familiarize yourself with the documentation culture at Phaidra.
- You will set up your development environment and start working on an onboarding exercise that will introduce you to various parts of our code and infrastructure base.
- You will learn about how we use agile and be able to navigate our sprint boards and backlogs.
- You will learn about various team standards and development & release processes.
- You will start to learn about our system architecture and infrastructure.
By your first 60 days...
- You will have a solid understanding of what Phaidra does and how we do it.
- You will have met with team members across Phaidra and started building relationships that will help you be successful at your job.
- You will have completed the onboarding exercise and will be on your way to completing your first production task.
By your first 90 days...
- You will have been fully integrated in the team and with team members across the company.
- You will get a more in-depth understanding of our system architecture and infrastructure.
- You will have completed your first on-call experience helping monitor and improve our production environments.
- You will have become an expert with our tooling.
- You will have started to contribute to knowledge sharing throughout Phaidra.
- US Residents: $150,000-$210,000
This position will also include equity.
These are best faith estimates of the base salary range for this position. Multiple factors such as experience, education, level, and location are taken into account when determining compensation.
Please mention the word **HELPING** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzEuMjMy when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzEuMjMy). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok