Posted 28 Oct 2023, 4:06 pm
Staff Software Engineer Product at Gusto, Inc.
We’re hiring seasoned engineers to join our teams that work on customer-facing products, developing features and iterating across our platform to help define the customer financial journey at Gusto. Our goal at Gusto is to strengthen our customers' financial wellness and to deliver a consistently great experience across all of our products.
We’re looking for talented and motivated engineers to lead and grow projects end-to-end by influencing initial feature specs, building backend APIs, writing frontend code, and overseeing ongoing improvements for deployed features. If you’re interested in building elegant software with far-reaching effects in our modern economy, join us!
Here’s what you’ll do day to day:
- Architect, build, and test Gusto’s product suite the spans across Payroll, Benefits, HR, Time, Tax Credits, and more
- Mentor other engineers to help solve some of the hardest technical problems out there in very complex domains and at a large scale
- Collaborate with our product management and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch daily
- Build a product that our customers genuinely love.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience as a technical lead, overseeing the work of multiple teams on projects
- Experience architecting, building and testing large-scale production level code
- Demonstrated data modeling skills
- Passion for creating memorable experiences for customers
- Interest in complex product development problems -- we use Rails & React
- Appreciation for a collaborative, test-driven environment
- Able to build well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code
- Preferred background in one of the following areas:
- AI/Machine Learning
- Experience building for fintech, payroll, payments or tax products
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $170,000/yr to $231,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $206,000/yr to $272,000/yr for San Francisco & New York. Stock equity is additional. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please mention the word **EDUCATED** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzEuMjMy when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzEuMjMy). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok