Posted 28 Oct 2023, 8:00 pm
Software Engineer DevOps at Motive
About the Role:
As a Senior Engineer on the Developer Productivity team, you will spearhead the effort to build systems and automation that are the development, build, and delivery backbone of the Motive platform across SaaS, Mobile, and Embedded/IoT products. With a focus on secure and highly scalable distributed services, you will leverage technology such as Kubernetes, ArgoCD, ProwCI, Tekton, Bazel, and whatever the future may hold to advance an automated and easy to use and maintain ecosystem to support Golang, Ruby on Rails, and Python services (as well as Kotlin and C for our Mobile and Embedded friends!). If creating direction for and implementing top-tier development tools, automation, infrastructure, and release pipelines, while providing guidance and mentorship to fellow engineers excites you, then Motive has the perfect role for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Help define the direction and initiatives for the team and platform.
- Strategize and build fully automated bootstrapping and delivery pipelines.
- Progress and evangelize self-service engineering technologies and approaches.
- Advance the local development experience while maintaining consistency.
- Build self-healing infrastructure that enables fast, robust automated testing.
- Improve the performance and reliability of existing systems.
- Host Brown Bag sessions, demos, and more to drive adoption and collaboration.
- Coach and mentor team engineers and collaborate on designs.
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for someone with advanced knowledge and experience in creating and improving systems that will help the engineering org to function more efficiently. This individual will have prior experience in some or all of the following:
- Building CI/CD infrastructure with multiple pipeline solutions over the years ( such as Tekton, Prow, CircleCI, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Github Actions, etc.)
- Improving the SDLC release process.
- Streamlining microservice creation mechanisms.
- Streamlining developer's local environments (Ansible, local kubernetes, etc.)
- Git flow and versioning strategy expertise.
- Working with mechanisms that facilitate reproducible builds across the org.
- Experience improving the developer experience with multiple stakeholders in a large organization.
- Experience in Golang, Ruby on Rails, Python or similar languages.
- Working knowledge of AWS services and technologies.
- Experience with infrastructure as code and configuration management (Terraform, Ansible, Helm, etc.)
- Experience with large scale distributed release management processes. Experience with Bazel is a plus.
- Experience in a containerized world with orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes.
- 5+ years engineering experience
Bonus Skills to have
- Experience with Gerrit and Android OS (AOSP) build systems
- Experience with embedded systems builds and compiles
Please mention the word **HAPPIER** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzEuMjMy when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzEuMjMy). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok