Posted 28 Oct 2023, 8:00 pm
Staff Infrastructure Engineer at Underdog Fantasy
About the role and why it's unique:
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will have an impactful role in building and determining the interoperability of our Kubernetes footprints. Your expertise in on-premises infrastructure and containerization technologies, creative problem-solving skills, and collaborative cross-functional abilities will contribute to delivering highly reliable, efficiency-focused infrastructure that enable us to create an engaging experience for our users. In addition you will be tasked with the following:
- Own the deployment of Kubernetes clusters to cloud providers and colocation data centers.
- Determine the architecture of a multi-data center, many-region deployment of the infrastructure that powers our backend services.
- Define a technology stack to facilitate interoperability and discoverability of services deployed across data centers and regions.
- Create tooling to automate maintenance and effectively operate the environments.
- Work cross-functionally to enable backend teams to develop confidence in how their applications will interoperate and perform across data centers.
- Be open to feedback and collaborate with other team members to accomplish tasks at hand.
Who you are:
- 5+ years operating infrastructure for large and high traffic applications.
- 5+ years working with Kubernetes in managed service and on-premises contexts.
- 5+ years working with relational databases like PostgreSQL.
- 5+ years working with logging and monitoring tools like Datadog, Splunk, or New Relic.
- 3+ years working with Kubernetes service mesh technologies such as Istio, Linkerd or Kong.
- Deep understanding of Linux and the command line.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem solving skills with engineers, compliance, and IT.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Ability to analyze and make technical recommendations that minimize spend in cloud environments.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with CDN providers like Cloudflare and Fastly.
- Experience building out multi data center deployment in regulated industries.
Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $185,000 and $250,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate.
Please mention the word **PRINCIPLED** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzEuMjMy when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzEuMjMy). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok