Posted 25 Oct 2023, 10:00 am
Senior Software Engineer Cross Platform Team at PhotoRoom
✨ About us ✨
PhotoRoom develops cutting-edge technology that empowers entrepreneurs, small businesses, and merchants to easily create images that sell - leveraging deep learning. Our ambition: power the internet’s commerce images.
Our first consumer product, the PhotoRoom app, is already a leader in mobile photo editing: we serve 10M+ users across more than 180 countries monthly, and our app was awarded the Best App of 2021 by Android and named Editor’s Choice by Apple. We recently launched our second product, the API, allowing us to deploy our tech at scale through a b-to-b motion.
We are at an exciting stage of our journey, having successfully raised our Series A and looking to scale to $100M ARR in 2024.
Our company is profitable, and our lean team is made of world-class experts in deep learning, product, and marketing with backgrounds at Apple, Algolia, or Google. We are a diverse team of entrepreneurs building for entrepreneurs.
🤓 We are looking for a strong generalist software engineer to help us push the cross-platform libraries that power our Android, iOS, and Web apps to the next level! It is the opportunity to work in a central position in the engineering team on all incarnations of a product used by millions of people, solve complex challenges, and make a decisive difference to our users and PhotoRoom.
💰 90k - 110k* + Stock-Options/BSPCE
🇪🇺 We are flexible: you can work from anywhere in Europe, come once a month to Paris (fully reimbursed), or visit the office more often.
✈️ We offer substantial support for relocation (10k€ relocation bonus), including finding an apartment in Paris and supporting you with the visa procedure.
🏖️ Socials - Bi-annual company retreats, weekly Happy Hour & Game Time
🇬🇧 PhotoRoom is an international team, and we work in English. We offer language lessons for those who need them (English & French).
*We can go higher for outstanding profiles and adapt to the cost of living if it is higher than in Paris.\n
✨ About the role ✨
- You will contribute to the cross-platform libraries powering PhotoRoom on iOS, Android, and the Web, directly impacting millions of users.
- You will architecture, develop, and deliver complex features used by in-house app developers in exciting new technologies such as Rust, WebAssembly, and WebGPU.
- You will own your work from A to Z: From specification, implementation, and integration on the target platform, you will work hand-in-hand with our product, web, and mobile development teams to ensure a consistent PhotoRoom experience on all platforms.
- You will develop the first version of our live collaboration (like on Figma or Google Docs).
- You will work within a small multicultural team of ~50 passionate, friendly & committed folks.
✨ About you ✨
- Bonus points if you have experience with one or more of the following: OpenGL, Metal, WebGPU, WebAssembly, or experience developing software on embedded platforms (not required, but nice to have!)
- You have experience delivering cross-platform code elegantly, solving complex challenges.
- You have a strong sense of ownership. You take initiative and are at ease making product & technical decisions.
- You have worked as part of a talented team and have experience in a fast-growing startup.
- You are fluent in English (French is not required!)
✨ Hiring Process ✨
- Screening call with Talent Manager & Hiring Manager
- Technical interview with a member of the mobile team
- Home technical assignment, followed by a review with the team
- Culture fit interview and meet the team!
- Reference check & Offer
🌈 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are committed to enabling everyone to feel included and valued at the workplace. We believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have flexible working hours
- We trust people to work remotely
- We extended the length of the parental leave
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, family, gender identity, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Please mention the word **HEARTENING** and tag RMzUuOTMuMzEuMTE= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzUuOTMuMzEuMTE=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok