Posted 25 Oct 2023, 11:00 am
Product Manager at Model N
As a Product Manager, you will guide a team that is charged with a product line contribution. This extends from increasing the market share of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on your experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand customer problems, and spending time on the details and the process of producing the product.
A key attribute of a Product Manager is your ability to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will provide input into marketing and sales, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external expert for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.\n
- Understand and maintain vertical domain and the road map for the assigned product, manage roadmap for the assigned product, and provide inputs into long term road map planning.
- Participate in customer meetings, gather true customer and prospect requirements, follow up on customer needs meticulously.
- Collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to devise innovative solutions.
- Develop User Journeys, Story Maps, User Stories and Non-Functional requirements to articulate business needs.
- Provide guidance to the product development and product QA teams - elaborating/clarifying requirements.
- Conduct business scenario testing and documentation reviews, internal training, and customer demonstrations.
- Serve as an expert on your product.
Your Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science (or a similar degrees), MBA (or similar advanced degree) is a plus.
- 4+ years of experience in life sciences (pharmaceutical or medical device) industry OR 6+ years of total experience in the software industry.
- 2+ years of experience in report development, analytics or data management role.
- Strong analytical skills, creative problem solving, and resourcefulness.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and polished presentation skills
Preferred Technical Skills
- Understanding of relational, OLAP and No-SQL databases
- Basic SQL or Python or VBA skills for data analysis
- Analytics tools such as Tableau, Cognos, Looker, Jaspersoft or similar
- Process automation or machine learning technologies
- Experience in the Lifesciences (Pharma or MedTech) business and understanding of Managed Markets, esp. Payer contracting is preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of Revenue Management or Quote to Cash Processes: Pricing & Rebate Strategies, Configuring, Quoting, Contract Creation & Amendments, Contract Execution and Management (Contract Compliance), Payment Submission and Processing is required.
- Product Management and Agile methodology experience is a strong plus
- Experience with process automation is a plus
At Model N we offer fair, equitable and competitive salary ranges for all positions. Compensation varies depending on factors that may include a candidate’s relevant experience, education and/or certifications, location, training, and other skills. Positions are eligible to participate in either our employee bonus program or commission payments, depending on the nature of the role. Model N employees have the opportunity to become Model N shareholders through our employee stock purchase plan.
Additionally, Model N offers a robust total rewards package that supports individuals to be their best and protects the well-being of participating dependents. Such benefits include medical, dental, vision, health savings, flexible savings, commuter benefits, matching 401K, ESPP, PTO, VTO, life insurance, pet insurance, employee assistance programs, mental health programs, charitable giving, coaching, career growth and much more.
The base salary for this position will be $92,000 - $138,000. If your salary expectations are outside of this range, feel free to apply and discuss your expectations with our recruiters. We are constantly opening up new positions and you might match another opening at a different level.
At Model N, we believe our collective success stems from the uniqueness of every individual's diverse backgrounds, experiences, and expertise; we call this the N Factor. So don’t allow uncertainty to keep you from applying to join our team. If you don’t meet the exact criteria but can demonstrate your skillset is the best for the job, we’d love to talk with you. We’re curious to know, what’s your N Factor?
About Model N
Model N enables life sciences and high tech companies to drive growth and market share, minimizing revenue leakage throughout the revenue lifecycle. With deep industry expertise and solutions purpose-built for these industries, Model N delivers comprehensive visibility, insight and control over the complexities of commercial operations and compliance. Our integrated cloud solution is proven to automate pricing, incentive and contract decisions to scale business profitably and grow revenue. Model N is trusted across more than 120 countries by the world’s leading pharmaceutical, medical technology, semiconductor, and high tech companies, including Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Stryker, Seagate Technology, Broadcom and Microchip Technology. For more information, visit www.modeln.com.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Model N values diversity at our company and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Model N considers qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. Please reference https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster for more information.
We’re constantly growing and may have something for you later on if this is not the right opportunity for you. Check out our career site to learn more about Model N or view other jobs: https://www.modeln.com/company/careers/
Please mention the word **MERITORIOUS** and tag RMzUuOTMuMzEuMTE= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzUuOTMuMzEuMTE=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok