Posted 25 Oct 2023, 0:35 pm
Accountant manager at Mitte
Mitte is on a mission to provide healthy hydration for every body. Having created the world's first smart water system inspired by the natural water cycle, we are driven to reinvent how water is consumed globally. Our solution allows users to create personalized mineralized water at home, giving them control over their drinking water while minimizing plastic wastage.
We just launched our first product - the Mitte Home - in November 2021, and our product offer will be extended into an ecosystem covering all user touchpoints from home, on the go, and at work. Our process works in two simple steps. First, we purify water with proprietary technology. After purification, water is mineralized through a unique, patent-pending mineralization process.
Mitte was initiated at the beginning of 2016 in Berlin. Our international team consists of close to 80 members from over twenty countries across six continents and is backed by experienced global investors who share our sustainable vision and Manifesto. We are an entrepreneurial group excited about using engineering and design to bring innovative and sustainable products to the market.
- Carrying out the general ledger accounting
- Independent execution of and participation in monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with the German Commercial Code (HGB)
- Monthly account reconciliations to ensure correct bookkeeping and reporting
- Posting and determination of accruals and deferrals
- Data transfer, checking, account assignment and posting as well as correct tax valuation of outgoing invoices, incoming invoices and payment transactions in DATEV
- Proper accounting recording of all other business transactions in general ledger accounting
- Compliance with tax requirements (VAT, corporate tax, etc.)
- Compliance with internal control system requirements (including SOX)
- Contact for external auditors and tax advisors
- Analyze and improve workflows
- Provide technical support to own and external teams within the company
- Responsibility for quality, adherence to deadlines and efficiency of the team and the accounting department
- Active process, system and procedure improvement
- Analysis, processing and resolution of special cases
- Successfully completed professional training in the field of finance and accounting
- Very good knowledge of DATEV and MS Office
- Experience in accounting of companies operating in e-commerce and manufacturing industry
- Our company works bilingually. Excellent technical German and English skills, both written and spoken, are a must-have
- High willingness to learn deeply all digital applications needed for an efficient accounting with DATEV (especially in the area of e-commerce)
- Analytical skills and affinity for numbers
- Very good team player skills
- Very good organizational skills
Our culture and values are central to Mitte's philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. In addition, you can expect:
- Competitive salary and virtual stock options in the company
- Flexible working hours & remote work from anywhere for up to 3 months p.a.
- Home office setup: Home office equipment including desk, chair, and monitor
- Learning budget of 1,000 EUR per year
- Free membership for Urban Sports Club
- Discounted BVG monthly ticket
- 28 vacation days
- The ultimate home office setup: we’ll help with home office furniture and equipment, plus you’ll get a home office bonus so you have the best setup possible
Please note that this role is a hybrid position. Employees work from our Berlin offices in Sonnenallee at least 1 day per week.
Please mention the word **SAFE** and tag RMzUuOTMuMzEuMTE= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzUuOTMuMzEuMTE=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok