Posted 24 Oct 2023, 11:04 pm
Principal Cloud Architect AWS at Trace3
Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,200 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Denver, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, Texas, San Francisco.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
The Principal AWS Cloud Architect will be responsible for the successful implementation of AWS architectures and environments. The Principal AWS Cloud Architect will act as an expert and trusted advisor who provides guidance for transforming legacy implementations to the cloud. This role will provide technical leadership, driving innovation and ensuring the successful delivery of complex projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for design, development, and hands-on implementation of Amazon Web Services cloud solutions
- Serve as an AWS technical resource in team’s efforts to determine the needs of our client’s businesses that will simplify and automate the applications as well as make them more efficient
- Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our customer's AWS foundational footprint
- Work closely with other Trace3 architects and engineers to recommend and design infrastructure, database, or data storage solutions that effectively reflect our client’s business needs, security, and service level requirements
- Work with application and infrastructure teams to conduct proof of concepts (POCs) and implement Production-ready designs in Amazon Web Services
- Align solutions with standards and best practices working with cross-functional engineering and consulting teams
- Perform risk analysis & create mitigation strategies for continuous evaluation and validation or system design and architecture
- Ability to produce as-built documentation and materials
- Ability to design, build, and execute automation frameworks for deployment of AWS Cloud Environments (based on CloudFormation templates, Terraform, AWSCLI, others)
- Support pre-sales activities when needed
- Collaborate and communicate with Sales and Account Management team to ensure smooth and successful delivery and assist with the identification of additional Advanced Services and Sales opportunities within the customer’s environment
- Establish strong and lasting relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers in client organizations
- Contribute to the development of internal best practices as well as new innovative consulting services offerings that we can take to market
- Provide guidance and mentorship to project teams, assisting in solving technical challenges and ensuring the successful delivery of complex projects.
- Build a community and following around our company solutions and brand awareness
Qualifications & Interests:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience with implementation and support of infrastructure services on AWS, AWS DevIo Experience (CodeBuild, CodePipeline, CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, AWS Config, AWS Systems Manager, CloudWatch, Lambda experience) (additional DevOps experience like Jenkins and Azure DevOps is good, but not required)
- 5 years of experience with current operating system administration (Examples: Windows, Linux, Ubuntu and CentOS)
- 4 years of experience with APIs, performing commands through CLI to perform implementations and third-party integrations
- 4 years of experience with cloud network connectivity and ExpressRoute, and ability to troubleshoot cloud connectivity issues
- Previous experience working for a consulting or services organization strongly preferred
- AWS Certified Solution Architect and/or DevOps Engineer
- AWS Cloud Platform Experience
- Strong scripting skills in languages such as Python, Ruby, or GoLang- specifically including experience creating and consuming RESTful APIs as well as AWS Lambda
- Automation experience with CloudFormation, (Terraform, Jenkins, Git, others are a plus)
- Experience deploying ControlTower with GuardRails in production
- Kubernetes (Vanilla or EKS/ECS) and OpenShift 4.x experience in production (containerization and ops)
- Knowledge of IAM integration with AWS environments
- Experience aiding with operationalizing AWS cloud environments using AWS native and third-party tools for monitoring and management
- Ability to mix deep technical expertise with simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable, educational and useful
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, excellent time management skills and able to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, high-volume, and evolving work environment
- Ability to approach customer and sales requests with a proactive and consultative manner; listen and understand user requests and needs and effectively deliver
- Comfortable managing multiple and changing priorities, and meeting deadlines in an entrepreneurial environment
- Motivated self-starter who loves to troubleshoot and solve challenging problems and feels comfortable working directly with customers
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.
Please mention the word **CALMNESS** and tag RMzUuODcuNjguMjA1 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzUuODcuNjguMjA1). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok