Posted 24 Oct 2023, 11:04 pm
Principal Software Architect Big Data Platform at Lucid Motors
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.\n
- Sr. Principal Big Data Software Architect to implement a highly scalable system to ingest and process Petabytes of data per day.
- Hands-on design and development of streaming data pipeline and data management.
- Implement and manage industry best practice tools and processes such as Data Lake, Iceberg, Spark ETL, Airflow, Kafka, MQTT, Timeseries Database, Trino, Kubernetes, Docker, CI/CD, DevOps
- Contribute to the overall architecture, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of our codebase
- Optimize the performance and scale our data ingestion and processing infrastructure to server ever-increasing volume.
- Bachelor or Masters in Software Engineering and Computer Science
- 15+ years of experience in the design and development of large scale data platforms
- Experienced in Spark development with PySpark or Scala
- Experienced in Data Lake, Parquet, ORC, or Similar Technologies
- Experienced in containerization, including Docker and Kubernetes
- Experienced in Data streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka, and Spark Streaming
- Expert in designing and implementing reliable, scalable, and performant distributed systems and data pipelines
- Extensive programming and software engineering experience, especially in Scala, Python, and/or C++
- Experience with running large-scale distributed computing infrastructure such as load balancing, Zookeeper, Microservice architecture
- Experience with managing distributed databases like Elasticsearch, Cassandra
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $177,000 - $253,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please mention the word **TRUMP** and tag RMzUuODcuNjguMjA1 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzUuODcuNjguMjA1). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok