Posted 24 Oct 2023, 11:04 pm
Senior Gameplay Programmer at Digital Extremes
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join our team. In this role, you will be working in conjunction with designers to design and implement cutting-edge, intuitive artificial intelligence solutions for next-gen gameplay. You will develop and maintain a fast 3D game engine including working on graphics, gameplay and AI programming as well as porting to next-gen video game platforms. You will need to have previous experience working in AI on a shipped product. You will also be be an expert in C++ and have strong communication skills. As an ideal candidate, we would also prefer if you have experience with console (next-gen preferred) as well as experience with concurrent programming. Familiarity with large-scale C++ project development, APIs (D3D, OpenGL, PhysX, DirectSound, DirectInput, Win32/GDI), Perforce, Perl, profiling tools (i.e. VTune, PIX, Tuner), assembly language and low-level systems are preferred extras.
- Work in conjunction with designers to design and implement cutting-edge, intuitive artificial intelligence solutions for next-gen gameplay.
- Develop and maintain a fast 3D game engine that may involve working on graphics, gameplay and/or AI programming as well as porting to next-gen video game platforms
- Implement and maintain thoughtful, strategic path finding and path following algorithms as well as formation and grouping of algorithms.
- Communicate with designers, artists and other engineers to ensure AI satisfies production needs and quality standards.
- Ensure the technical quality through tuning and bug fixing.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas toward all aspects of the game's production and development.
- Write robust, maintainable code.
- Maintain code performance through profiling and optimization.
- Passion for making and playing great games.
- Expertise in C++.
- B.Sc. Degree in Comp Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent game development experience.
- 2+ years game development experience, with at least 1 shipped product.
- Strong communication skills, work ethic and motivation.
- Previous experience working in AI on a shipped product
- Willing to relocate to Canada.
Please mention the word **MASTERS** and tag RMzUuODcuNjguMjA1 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzUuODcuNjguMjA1). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok