Posted 13 Oct 2023, 5:11 pm
Software Engineer Protocol at Polymer Labs
Sorry, but this job listing has expired!
The infrastructure stack for building decentralized systems is in the process of forming. As the scale and complexity of these systems and protocols grows, interoperability becomes an increasingly critical problem to solve. You will play a pivotal role in shaping how the decentralized web is connected.
You will be joining our Protocol team. You will apply your experience in web2 on both OSS work around IBC (https://ibcprotocol.org/) and the core Polymer protocol. Web3 and blockchain experience is explicitly not required but is a strong plus.
- You will work on solving complex distributed systems and consensus problems at scale
- Work on the core blockchain messaging layer, distributed key management and multi-chain observer infrastructure
- Make OSS contributions to the IBC protocol (https://ibcprotocol.org/)
- You will work on large scale simulation testing
What You Will Achieve:
- In the first month, you will build a deep understanding of Polymer Lab’s core protocol and begin contributing to documentation of the product. You will have time to learn about the space, our customer’s needs, and the underlying technology.
- Within 2 months, you will be fully integrated into the team and start taking ownership of various components of the IBC toolchain roadmap. Success looks like sustainable growth and scaling the adoption of IBC and Polymer’s IBC transport hub.
- The ability to independently execute on a project given a loosely defined scope and roadmap
- Pre-existing experience on how to build high scale systems and experience with building sophisticated application services
- Ability to manage time and focus on the critical path of a project
- Experience with Go or C++, Java, C#, RustExperience developing and or operating distributed systems at scale
- Experience with Linux and open source communities
About The Team:
- The engineering team is a diverse group of people with backgrounds working at a variety of both web2 and web3 organizations like Google, Uber, Chronosphere, Arista Networks, etc. Polymer Labs is a software development shop supporting the Polymer protocol and IBC (https://ibcprotocol.org/).
- Competitive salary, equity/token grants, incentive compensation
- Autonomous, distributed work environment collaborating with a diverse, global team
- Opportunity to shape and contribute to industry-disrupting infrastructure
- A place to openly learn bleeding edge innovation in a fast growing industry
- Health insurance coverage
Polymer Labs is an equal opportunity employer. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't line up exactly with the job description.
Please mention the word **LAUDABLY** and tag RMzQuMTQ1LjE0MS43OA== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMTQ1LjE0MS43OA==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok