Posted 15 Oct 2023, 6:51 pm
Principal Software Engineer Decentralization at XMTP
XMTP, Inc. was co-founded by Matt Galligan and Shane Mac, and is headquartered on the web. Our mission at XMTP Labs is to build a secure, open, and decentralized communication protocol that connects creators, communities, apps, and users. We set out to design a modern organization from the start—one that’s global, remote, and asynchronous-by-default.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in tech and crypto: a16z Crypto, Offline Ventures, Sound Ventures, Distributed Global, Redpoint, IDEO CoLab and many more key ecosystem investors and operators. See the full list here.
- 8+ years building distributed software systems, with significant exposure to cryptographic
protocols and blockchain technologies.
- Proven experience leading technical teams and guiding the design and implementation of complex systems.
- Proven track record in setting strategic directions for system design and security protocols, with
hands-on experience in building on various protocols.
- Specialization in smart contract development, protocol mechanism design, or consensus
- Preferably a well-rounded, "T-shaped" expertise profile.
- Proficiency in Golang and Solidity, along with experience in networking protocols and
peer-to-peer network implementation like libp2p.
Nice to have
- Experience with off-chain scaling solutions such as state channels or layer-2 solutions.
- Previous involvement with privacy-preserving cryptographic technologies, or with zero knowledge cryptography
- Contributions to open-source projects, particularly in blockchain, cryptocurrency, or decentralized
- Familiarity with DevOps, operations, and container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes and Docker.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of protocols for decentralized systems within
the blockchain and cryptocurrency domain.
- Facilitate protocol design sessions, mentor junior team members, and provide technical expertise
and innovative solutions.
- Evaluate and make strategic decisions on trade-offs in system design, considering security,
scalability, efficiency, and cost.
- Write and maintain robust, efficient, and secure code using languages such as Golang and Solidity.
- Utilize technologies like libp2p for peer-to-peer networking protocol implementation.
- Stay updated on the latest developments in crypto economics and networking protocols,
providing guidance on their potential impact.
- Build and maintain relationships with other teams and stakeholders, ensuring seamless
integration and alignment of technologies and systems.
- Troubleshoot high-level system issues, guide performance tuning tasks, and directly handle
debugging and performance tuning to ensure system stability and high performance.
- Generous and competitive compensation package
- Salary range between $160-250k (depending on experience + location)
- Remote-first environment with semi-yearly gatherings to connect IRL
- Full paid Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Parental Leave
- IT Equipment and WFH setup
- Monthly Wellness and Lifestyle stipend
- Personal assistant
- Flexible vacation (with minimum requirements to ensure rest and time-off to pursue your passions outside of work)
- And much more!
We think of ourselves as a “grown-up” startup—building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project.
Joining XMTP Labs today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
Here's an inside look at XMTP and some of the frequently asked questions about our culture, answered by one of our co-founders and core team members.
XMTP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please notify your recruiter of any disabilities or time preferences based off your current location and time zone.
Please mention the word **LUCID** and tag RMzQuMTQ1LjE0MS43OA== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMTQ1LjE0MS43OA==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok