Posted 17 Oct 2023, 5:11 pm
Director FP&A and Finance Operations at Hedera Hashgraph
Hedera is the decentralized governing body for the Hedera network, an enterprise-grade public distributed ledger technology (DLT) network that’s fast, environmentally sustainable, and secure, making it well-suited to become an integral layer of the emerging web3 world.
Hedera is governed by a diverse group of world-leading institutions distributed across six continents, representing multiple industries, including technology, banking, financial services, web3, education, legal services, gaming, aerospace, and manufacturing. The vision for the Hedera network is to support a trusted, empowered, and decentralized digital future for everyone; cyberspace where you work, play, buy, sell, create, and engage socially; where you have safety and privacy in your digital communities; where you feel confident when interacting with others; where you own and control your information. Hedera brings together some of the best minds in the industry.
We are proud of our high-quality culture and dedicated to values of integrity, ethics, service, excellence, and teamwork. We are looking for hard-working, talented, and collegial people to help achieve this vision. Join us and say, "Hello future."
About the role:
Come and join a small but “mighty” finance team. For the Director of FP&A and Finance Operations role, we are looking for an independent and hard-working person driven by rigor and intellectual curiosity with an analytical and methodical mindset. You have excellent communication, analytical skills, organizational abilities, and leadership capabilities. You are a key team player, going the extra length to support the organization and help colleagues. Your colleagues are impressed with your professional competence in Finance. You have a very efficient and organized way of working with high-capacity individuals with highly developed skills in prioritization and timing. Attention to detail is of utmost importance, and data-driving focus is one of your superpowers, among others.
- Partner with and report to the CFO to support FP&A and financial operations (fiat and crypto).
- Lead the implementation of an FP&A platform to audit spend and foster a culture of cost saving.
- Work closely with budget managers to monitor each cost center’s spend, communicate budget to actual analysis, and complete ongoing re-forecasting.
- Develop, analyze, and interpret statistical and accounting information to assess operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and industry benchmarks.
- Serve as a trusted partner and project manager for the implementation of Netsuite.
- Collaborate with the accounting team to continue to automate processes and ensure the timely close of month-end and year-end activities.
- Participate in the company's review of appropriate insurance coverage against property loss and potential liability.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Analyze and develop policies, procedures, and systems to ensure effective internal controls, optimum efficiencies, and improvement of processes.
- Collaborate across teams to assess the economic return on strategic initiatives and provide actionable insights to help drive optimal business decisions and maintain accurate and realistic revenue and cost forecasts.
- Collaborate to build, set up, review, and optimize the department rules, framework, procedures, policies, and workflows.
- Understand, create, track, and report on metrics for the levers that drive positive unit economics for the Hedera network and Hedera’s long-term financial health.
- Manage HR activities for Hedera together with the CFO.
- Lead the onboarding and implementation of critical vendors, such as banks and OTC.
- Together with the CFO, manage stakeholder relationships with and support TPA and SAFT purchasers.
- Advance the insight and understanding of the business unit economics and KPIs to drive further alignment and accountability across the company.
- Support investor relations, including board decks and investor updates, and help shape our internal and external financial narrative and strategy.
- Provide analytical and due diligence support for fundraising activities.
- Design and manage a help desk and ticketing system for Finance support and prompt response.
- Build strong relationships with the board, the investors, and the banks.
- Minimum ten years of Accounting, Treasury, or FP&A experience, preferably in financial services.
- Start-up experience setting structures and scaling them.
- Experience building an automated FP&A model for forecasting and projections.
- Experience presenting budgets and forecasts to senior management and external parties.
- Demonstrated ability to document and articulate business issues promptly and professionally effectively.
- Effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Strong attention to detail in assessing financial information.
- Knowledge of a wide range of reporting software (ERPs, expense management tools, TMS, etc.).
- Post-secondary degree in a business or finance discipline (e.g., MBA or CFA).
- Minimum five years working in a SaaS, Crypto, Technology, or Financial Services Company.
- Working experience working in Crypto exchange, Web3, or layer 1.
- Coding and programming experience (e.g., SQL).
- Capital market experience.
- Experience managing a remote team.
- Ability to adapt and learn new processes and tasks.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
Location: Remote, willing to travel occasionally.
Please mention the word **MASTERFULLY** and tag RMzQuMTQ1LjE0MS43OA== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMTQ1LjE0MS43OA==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok