Posted 17 Oct 2023, 5:11 pm
Senior Frontend Engineer Emerging Technologies at NEAR
Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let's build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
About The Role
The Emerging Technologies team is looking for someone to develop the user facing side of some brand new technologies. We take a user experience first approach to everything we build so we expect you to develop an understanding of how what you’re working on fits into the usability of a product. These projects will be challenging, open source and will require you to dive into the domain of decentralized systems.
In this role, you will build, improve, and maintain a large user-facing product that will connect multiple services together, provide controls and intelligence to those building and managing projects and applications on the NEAR protocol all while perfect user experience.
What You'll Be Doing
- Building frontend for a full stack product;
- Collaborating with internal and external engineers and community members
What We're Looking For
- Experience with design systems and components
- The ability to solve all sorts of frontend engineering tasks
- Ideally 3+ years experience building production applications, libraries, APIs
- Experience and interest in building and documenting tools
- Experience integrating with async APIs - data fetching, caching and client-side state management
- Fluency in React
- A solid understanding of CSS
We'd Love If You Have
- Experience building mobile apps either natively or using react native
- Open source contributions and previous or continued involvement in open source communities
- Familiarity with Ethereum development and related technologies (web3.js, ethers.js, etc)
- Familiarity with other crypto or blockchain technologies
- Experience working at a startup Experience with managing applications on cloud service providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
- Strong communication and remote friendly working skills
- Experience using a CSS-in-JS library
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like
Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-45 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (2 x 60 minutes)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
The base salary range for this role is $148,750 - $194,000, which represents the salary range applicable to US locations only. This does not include bonus, incentives, or benefits.
The actual base pay within the range is dependent upon many factors, including: leveling, relevant skills, and work location. If you are based outside of the US, we there are other geographic considerations that may impact your final compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the compensation and benefits applicable to your preferred location during the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible Annual Leave / PTO with an encouraged 20 day per year minimum
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Wellness Week: the first week of July
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement
- Company Retreats (2023 in Spain!) & Team Offsites
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by Pagoda
Our Values at Pagoda
Our values express our company culture. Learn more on our careers page.
Pagoda is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please mention the word **DEFEATS** and tag RMzQuMTQ1LjE0MS43OA== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMTQ1LjE0MS43OA==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok