Posted 19 Oct 2023, 5:11 pm
Security Researcher Forta at Forta
About the Forta Foundation
The Forta Network is the first decentralized community-based security platform to prevent or mitigate smart contract exploits as they occur. The goal of Forta is to detect threats and other system critical issues in real time. By providing users with timely and useful information about the security and stability of their systems, they have an opportunity to react and take defensive action, preventing or minimizing the losses and other issues.
The Forta Foundation is an independent, non-profit organization with the mission to steward the continued evolution of the Forta Network by facilitating the collective action of its community. The Foundation is funding this full-time role to further its mission.
About this role
Join the Forta Foundation as a Web3 Security Researcher. In this pivotal role, you will dissect blockchain anomalies, identify evolving attack patterns, raise awareness within the web3 community about potential threats, and design state-of-the-art Forta Detection Bots that preemptively flag malicious activities.
The ideal candidate is passionate about security and web3, can help derive insights that can protect web3 ecosystem, and is thrilled to work with a global security research community.
What you’ll be doing
- Analyze blockchain data, from transactions to smart contract code.
- Design and maintain Forta Detection Bots.
- Support subscribers and potential subscribers in their security needs.
- Provide the security research community with insights on emerging threat trends.
- Collaborate with security and engineering experts to enhance the Forta Network’s defensive capabilities.
- Lead research initiatives in tandem with security professionals and academic scholars.
- Educate a wider audience on the challenges and threats within the web3 arena.
Ideally, you have
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in security domains, such as malware analysis, smart contract auditing, and web3 security research.
- Strong attention to detail, self-discipline, and result-driven approach.
- Ability to navigate ambiguous scenarios and collaborate with distributed teams.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- Effective writing and communication capabilities.
- Capacity to simplify complex technical subjects for a broader audience.
- Organizational skills, time management prowess, and a proactive mindset.
- Prior experience or keen interest in open-source, cybersecurity, or related tech sectors is beneficial.
- Understanding of blockchain, DeFi, and the Ethereum ecosystem is an advantage.
Medical Insurance: Top quality insurance options for you.
Paid leave for new parents.
Team Events: Company retreats in different locations around the world.
Please mention the word **PROFICIENT** and tag RMzQuMTQ1LjE0MS43OA== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMTQ1LjE0MS43OA==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok