Posted 25 May 2023, 9:42 pm
Senior Product Engineer at June
🌏 Remote - CET timezone
June is instant product analytics. We connect to Segment and automatically generate graphs of the metrics companies should track.
Analytics products are normally technical and intimidating, we're building an experience that is simple and approachable.
If you want to give the product a try you can sign up from here and try out our demo mode.
This is our story so far - you'll help us shape what will happen next.
We're a small team of six, so there's a bit of everything to do. One day you might be tweaking our slowest queries, the next you could be writing an integration with a data warehouse. You might spend a day building a linter for event names and the next building some automated email reports.
We hope that you’ll have a skill set that complements our own - you’ll know more about some things than we do, and we might be more experienced in areas you’re unfamiliar with.
You might go deep on some areas of our stack and become the in-house expert, but always with an eye towards the shared mission and helping where help is needed.
CS degree? Bootcamp? Taught yourself? Whatever.
We care about what you can do now, and how quickly you can learn. It doesn’t matter how you got here. Our technical and product challenges are constantly shifting and changing, and the only way to keep up is to learn fast. This holds true even if you consider yourself an expert already.
Most of all, if you’re excited by the challenge, then COUNT YOURSELF IN!
We're looking for people that are friendly, ambitious and nerdy
- Nerdy - You cultivate your taste and curiosity. You’re honest with yourself about what you find interesting.
It’s a fundamentally nerdy thing to decide to sit down and spend years of your life exploring your interests. Doing it for you is a joy in itself, and it’s also a great gift that you can give to others.
- Friendly - You give sincere compliments, are a warm host, and enjoy artful conversations. You try to be a cherished asset of any space you inhabit. We strive to be optimistic, supportive, and encouraging. We always assume good intentions!
- Ambitious - You want to do more, be more, see more, learn more, know more. You realize your own imagination is the bottleneck for the great things you can achieve!
- You'll join me (Ferruccio 🇮🇹), Vinayak 🇮🇳 , Adis 🇧🇦🇮🇪, Daniel 🇮🇪, Alberto 🇮🇹 and Enzo 🇫🇷
- We're backed by some of the best investors in the world like Y Combinator and Point Nine
- You'll join a team of experienced product builders from Intercom, CircleCI, Grofers, N26, and more.
- You will grow fast and work at scale - we process millions of data points per day
- You can get meaningful equity
- You'll ship new features weekly
Apply with your Github, some projects of yours that you're proud of and 2-3 sentences on the work you're most proud of
Optionally, include 1 thing you're learning or want to learn, and an obscure website you enjoy reading!
What's our stack?
- The main app is built with Ruby on Rails and React
- We use Postgres and ClickHouse as databases
- We are fully hosted on AWS and use most of their services (EKS, RDS, Lambda, Code Pipeline, etc.)
- While previous experience with these technologies is a plus, we’re looking for someone with broad experience
- We don't do staging and deploy features to production multiple times a day, so everything you'll ship will have to have tests or live behind a feature flag
- If you’re only interested in using <insert-framework-here>, this role probably isn’t a good fit for you.
** NB: This a rough guideline for what compensation we expect for this role and will depend on seniority, split between cash and equity, and local rates.*
Please mention the word **HUMILITY** and tag RNTQuODAuMjIwLjI4 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNTQuODAuMjIwLjI4). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok