Posted 18 May 2023, 6:51 pm
Trainee iOS developer at Soramitsu
SORAMITSU is an award-winning global financial technology company with expertise in developing blockchain-based solutions for digital asset and identity management. Our mission is to use blockchain to promote innovation and solve pressing societal challenges.
SORAMITSU is the developer of and major contributor to the open-source blockchain platform Hyperledger Iroha, which is tailored for enterprise and public-sector use. Hyperledger Iroha, a project of Hyperledger Foundation, part of the Linux Foundation, has a permissions system that is scalable and performant.
Utilizing blockchain, SORAMITSU has developed a digital currency for the National Bank of Cambodia, a CBDC Proof-of-Concept with the Bank of the Lao PDR, a closed-loop payment system for the University of Aizu in Japan, an identity verification system prototype for Bank Central Asia in Indonesia, we were finalists in the Monetary Authority of Singapore CBDC Challenge, and are currently participating in Asia-Pacific's first proof-of-concept test of a cross-border, multi-currency security settlement system using distributed ledger technology with the Asian Development Bank. We have also conducted proof-of-concept tests for several major Japanese enterprises, and are active contributors to open source projects, such as Klaytn, South Korea's leading Layer-1 blockchain, KAGOME, the C++ Polkadot Host implementation, the SORA crypto-economic system, the Polkaswap DEX, and the DeFi wallet, Fearless Wallet
Based on these experiences, SORAMITSU aims to deploy cutting-edge technology on a global level in order to expedite financial inclusion and health, mitigate economic inefficiencies, and contribute to the fulfilment of the Sustainable Development Goals.
You can find out more by visiting our homepage at soramitsu.co.jp or check out our Twitter profile.
We are looking for a motivated Trainee iOS Developer to join our team at Soramitsu. As a Trainee iOS Developer, you will have the exciting opportunity to work alongside our experienced developers on the development of a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) mobile application for government banks in Asia. This project will provide hands-on experience in building and implementing blockchain-based solutions, while also exposing you to cutting-edge technology products.
The internship program is designed to provide you with the following skills:
- Developing and implementing native iOS applications using Swift programming language, including familiarity with the most common Swift data types, control flow statements, and object-oriented programming concepts.
- Familiarity with iOS development frameworks such as UIKit, CoreData, and CoreAnimation, and the ability to leverage these frameworks to create efficient, responsive, and visually appealing user interfaces.
- Experience with iOS development tools such as Xcode, Interface Builder, and Instruments, and the ability to use these tools to efficiently create, test, and debug iOS applications.
- Understanding of mobile application architecture and design patterns, including the Model-View-Presenter (MVP), delegation pattern, and observer pattern.
- Familiarity with asynchronous programming concepts such as callbacks, promises, and futures, and the ability to use these concepts to create responsive and efficient iOS applications.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and the ability to integrate iOS applications with back-end APIs using popular networking libraries such as Alamofire or URLSession.
- Knowledge of data storage techniques such as SQLite databases and CoreData, and the ability to store and retrieve data from these sources in iOS applications.
- Familiarity with common iOS development paradigms such as test-driven development (TDD), agile development, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Understanding of the latest iOS development trends, including SwiftUI and Combine.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Strong technical foundation with knowledge of SOLID principles and object-oriented programming.
- Previous experience or strong interest in iOS mobile development.
- Self-motivated and willing to invest time in self-study.
- Ability to read technical papers and understand technical conferences in English, such as WWDC.
- Completed a course on mobile development or have equivalent knowledge.
- Open to receiving and responding to constructive criticism.
If you are passionate about iOS development and eager to gain practical experience in blockchain technology, we invite you to apply for this exciting Trainee iOS Developer position. Join our team at Soramitsu and be a part of shaping the future of digital currencies.
This is a remote position. Our distributed team is mostly spread across Europe and Asia. Team meetings are held generally during European working hours, and it is expected that you would adapt if necessary and be available accordingly.
If you have the required qualifications and are passionate about the Web3 industry, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
SORAMITSU values diversity and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants and employees. Our employment decisions, such as hiring, promotion, discipline, and termination, are based solely on an individual's qualifications, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate against anyone on the basis of their race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state, or local law.
Please mention the word **THINNER** and tag RMy44Ni44OS4xNzM= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMy44Ni44OS4xNzM=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok