Posted 19 May 2023, 6:51 pm
Director of Donor Relations at Glo
Glo is a tech nonprofit dedicated to developing financial technologies that alleviate extreme poverty. We’re looking for a highly motivated and experienced Director of Donor Relations who has a track record of leading successful fundraising initiatives, managing teams, and implementing strategy across a philanthropy department. The ideal candidate is a skilled manager, communicator, and leader who is passionate about our mission and will represent Glo to internal and external stakeholders with professionalism and integrity. This person must also be able to collaborate equally well with our executives, board directors, and support staff.
Our first initiative is developing Glo, a stablecoin that generates basic income for people living in extreme poverty. Glo is a fully-backed stablecoin pegged to the US dollar. The stablecoin is backed by USD in a custodial bank account and US government bonds. The US government bonds generate interest payments. We redistribute that interest as basic income, by sending money to individuals directly.
We are looking for a candidate that has the experience to successfully lead our donor outreach initiatives in order to support the organization's operations and development. This role will lead the acquisition and relationship management while coordinating with both internal and external stakeholders. You will join a fully remote team that is working to launch Glo in the second half of 2022.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in relevant field
- Five or more years of experience in fundraising
- Experience in managing multiple development teams for concurrent campaigns
- Experience in managing databases and using fundraising software
- Proven track record of planning and initiating successful fundraising strategies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Promote awareness of Glo's mission
- Coordinate and execute fundraising campaigns to meet the organization’s targets
- Maintain existing relationships with individual and corporate donors, including acknowledgment and recognition
- Research potential donors, foundations, and other development opportunities
- Represent the organization’s mission to donors, potential donors, and other external stakeholders
- Develop and approve all written fundraising and outreach materials
- Supervise fundraising event coordination
- Maintain database of donors, track gifts, and fulfill reporting requirements to all stakeholders
Why join Glo?
- Unique opportunity to use crypto in a way that’s actually useful and good for the world.
- You’re joining a small, bright and ambitious team on an adventure that’s only just starting.
- Your work is high-impact and highly visible. With your decisions you’ll establish long-lasting foundations of a one-of-a-kind organization.
- We’re a non-profit that thinks and acts like a high-growth startup. Our founder, Sid Sijbrandij, has led Gitlab from a small Silicon Valley startup to a $15 billion IPO.
- Glo is well-funded and we have the ambition to scale fast.
- Competitive salary.
We’re a fully remote team (members currently based out of San Francisco and Amsterdam) of computer scientists and economists that combine academic rigor with a startup mentality.
See our current team members on LinkedIn, read our WIP whitepaper or dive into our videos on YouTube.
Glo is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to solve extreme poverty globally and as a mission driven organization, it is important that our team represents the global community we are committed to serving. We promote an inclusive remote first environment designed to empower and enable people of all backgrounds. People of all races, religions, sexual orientations, disabilities, ages, genders (and even people who like pineapple on pizza) are welcomed and encouraged, to apply.
Please mention the word **FROLIC** and tag RMy44Ni44OS4xNzM= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMy44Ni44OS4xNzM=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok