Posted 14 May 2023, 5:11 pm
Blockchain Engineer at Lava Network
At Lava we believe blockchain data should be accurate and access to this data should be scalable, private, and uncensored. Our mission is to create a marketplace for blockchain data via aligned token incentives and an open-source protocol for RPC nodes and APIs. We are backed by some of the top crypto-native venture capital funds and angel investors.
With a deep technical background in cybersecurity, we have extensive experience in finding, exploiting, or patching digital vulnerabilities. As a team we are accomplished founders, CTOs, engineers, and business people inspired to support the creativity blockchains are unlocking and its future applications.
Lava is remote-first with team members from across the world.
Where we need help:
We have been running our private testnet for a few months and we are ready to scale our operations ahead of public testnet later this year. We need your blockchain development experience to harden our MVP for heavy data volume and implement the cutting edge features and functionality we have planned. You have done this before so you know the pitfalls to avoid. We need your code velocity to strengthen our existing blockchain and side channel features while developing new ones.
- Developing our blockchain modules in Cosmos SDK and proprietary side channel services.
- Developing blockchain state transition functions and queries
- Adding verifications for data integrity and testing
- Keeping a high level of blockchain security and performance during development and testing
- Developing our protocol for side channel processes
- Creating new APIs
- Expanding our coverage to new blockchains
- Intelligence. learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Honesty/Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidence. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. focuses on key priorities.
- Aggressiveness. Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Follow-Through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Analytical skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjust quickly to changing priorities & conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Creativity/Innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude
- Work ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- High standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Openness to criticism and ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Golang development experience (Ideally 5+ years)
- A background in Software Security / Bug Hunting
- Good understanding of blockchain concepts and familiarity with the ecosystem
- Hands on experience developing a protocol or a network
- Ideally with Layer 1 blockchain, even better if with a Cosmos SDK chain
- Contributions to Web3 Open Source code
About our Culture:
We are passionate about what we're doing and our distributed global team is already working well together from 8 different countries. We feel our shared values are the secret to our energized culture.
- We are learning and unafraid of asking basic questions
- We each take the initiative, we are capable and reliable
- We respect each other's time because it is valuable
- We choose our battles
- Feedback delivered with kindness is great, even if difficult to say or hear
- We listen with the intent to understand and change our mind
- We pick up the phone to resolve friction
- We take ownership of misses and direct praise to the team
- We choose joy to increase positivity
If you and your peers agree we're describing you, and our beliefs and values resonate, please introduce yourself by applying!
Please mention the word **APPEALING** and tag RMTUxLjgwLjE0My4yMDY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTUxLjgwLjE0My4yMDY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok