Posted 13 May 2023, 8:00 pm
Senior Product Designer at M-KOPA
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
The M-KOPA design team is a team of senior designers in different African markets with a love for customer research & digital design. We work at the intersection of service design, UX/UI design & design validation to help create experiences that our users love and lead the impact we desire. We partner with with experienced developers, data analysts, researchers and other team members translating insights and data into customer-centric design solutions. Together we improve the Android customer app and Android sales app, but also our CRM and other internal tools.
This is a unique opportunity to become part of our growing team of designers and researchers. As part of the team you will apply your research & UX/UI design experience. You'll lead important discovery processes in the field and oversee creating top-notch user interfaces and experiences. You will spend the majority of your time with your dedicated product team, but will also be part of a design team with designers who will rely on your coaching and guidance. Would you also like to become a Senior Designer of the digital products at M-KOPA? Read below if the job suits you. You will report into the head of design, this role is fully Remote role, within the following time zone (UTC -1 / UTC+3\n
YOU ARE EXCITED ABOUT THIS ROLE BECAUSE YOU WILL
- You create Android app designs and are to be on top of the latest developments.
- You deal with a huge amount of team members and align them to reach the best possible design solution.
- You facilitating the creative process and lead teams in the ideation and solutioning process.
- You inspire other designers and are open to learn from other team members.
- You use data, insights, technical limitations and team goals to fuel your design solutions.
- You have a user-centric mindset that cares about solving problems, good user journeys and customer blueprints.
- You build empathy with users by collaborating with researchers and consuming insights going out into the field yourself.
WE'RE EXCITED ABOUT BECAUSE YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN
- 5+ years of applied UX design experience
- You can make great experiences of our products for our users through a balanced mixture of interaction design, motion design/animation, and copywriting.
- You have great prototyping skills and know when to use it and how to get the best results out of your user research.
- You have great workshop facilitation skills, know how to lead creative sessions and how to get people involved.
- You have a solving problems mindset and team up with others to create the desired solution.
- You can apply a style guide to what we need in the products.
- You question assumptions provided by assertions, data and conversations and know the appoint the most riskiest assumptions made.
- You know how to use research, data, and customer insights to ensure that partners and product teams thoroughly understand our customers' problems.
- You know how to collaborate with colleagues to complete more complex projects
- You have at least 5 years of work experience doing end-to-end UX Design; from gathering input from users to great-looking pixel-perfect prototypes.
- You understand mobile and native Android app design.
- You have experience setting up and conducting user tests and can validate your ideas.
- You'll provide a portfolio demonstrating your design process and deliverables of mobile apps
- You have experience in Agile development and scrum
- You have a solid experience with (design) tools such as Figma, Maze, Miro etc.
- You have experience designing for the African markets.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human computer interaction or related field.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
- Great compensation package
- Remote work #LI-Remote
- Private health insurance (inpatient outpatient, maternity, eye care, dental and gym facilities)
- Group Life Cover and Personal Accident Cover
- Company pension (A mandatory basic national social security scheme)
- Remote working (dependent on the nature of the role)
- Airtime allowance (dependent on the nature of the role)
- MIFI monthly payment for remote workers
- 20 days per annum (excluding public holidays). Annual leave is accrued at the standard rate of 1.67 days per month.
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.
Please mention the word **PREMIER** and tag RNTIuMi4yMzkuMTU2 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNTIuMi4yMzkuMTU2). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok