Posted 10 May 2023, 2:00 am
Senior Content Designer at Netflix
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Our motto is, “Make the world a better place”; and we try to do this through the games we make. Invention is part of our DNA at Spry Fox. Whether it’s by designing MMOs that encourage the development of friendships and discourage toxicity, or by designing unique puzzle games that promote English language learning; we’re always asking ourselves “How does this game improve your life?”
Spry Fox strives to be a studio that is a pleasure to work for, an important but not dominating part of your life, and recognizes crunch is a negative, counter-productive industry practice — something to be learned from and avoided in the future. We want you to have friends, family, hobbies, and a life outside of work. We want you to love your colleagues and know that they support you 100%. We want you to be proud of what you do and how you do it.
For 10+ years, we’ve been fully remote with Foxes scattered all over the world. To make that work well, we all try to be online and communicative from 10am to 2pm PST to ensure that we have enough overlapping work hours with our team; otherwise, our schedules are flexible and fully under our individual control!
Now that we’re a part of Netflix, we can do what we love with more support and without having to worry about how to monetize! We’ve always been focused on making thoughtful, original games… now more than ever.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Senior Content Designer at Spry Fox, you will plan, build, iterate and improve the player experience in our live service game. You’ll create new non-violent activities, events, quests, narrative moments and joyful secrets. You’ll help plan new updates and events.\n
- Create daily delight for players looking for kindness, relaxation and safe socialization
- Thoughtfully craft quest content from inspiration, through concept, presentation, implementation, and iteration
- Assemble levels and setpieces
- Leverage systemic and procedural techniques to create variety and delight with a lean content team.
- Mastering custom in-house text configs and tools
- Planning future updates including scope, theming, trade-offs and risks.
- Writing specs for features and knowing what to cut and what to keep.
- Work closely with other disciplines to build features that meet product goals
- 5+ years of professional game design work experience, including at least 2 years as a senior designer.
- Shipped at least 1 commercial game in a game design role with a team of 5+ people
- Deep experience with building and releasing live service updates
- Experience with MMO or open-world quest design. Ideally, someone who has creatively owned and implemented a variety of quest content from concept to delivery.
- Strong communication skills, both writing and verbal.
NICE TO HAVE
- Familiarity with the life-sim genre, similar to Animal Crossing or other cozy games
- Experience planning efficient and timely updates for a live service game
- Experience with Narrative design including pacing, writing and amplifying key beats.
- Social design experience with an emphasis on emergent multiplayer joy
- Planning quest assets (art, text, sound)
- Experience with level design
- Scripting or programming dynamic content and NPCs
- Experience with Unreal
Please mention the word **MOTIVATED** and tag RMzQuMjE5LjEyOS4xNDk= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMjE5LjEyOS4xNDk=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok