Posted 10 May 2023, 6:51 pm
Associate Corporate Counsel at Yuga Labs
Yuga Labs is a web3 company exploring big ideas in identity, ownership, utility, and interoperability to push the crypto and NFT space forward. As The Defiant recently said, "The story of Yuga Labs is one where the improbable has become reality in the blink of an eye." Since debuting with our flagship collection Bored Ape Yacht Club in April 2021, we’ve created new IP for the ape ecosystem (Mutant Ape Yacht Club, Bored Ape Kennel Club), acquired other top collections (CryptoPunks and Meebits), and pulled off successful events (ApeFest) and partnerships (Rolling Stone). And we made both web3 and gaming history — the biggest NFT mint ever followed by a game demo with record-breaking synchronized player participation — for our newest initiative, Otherside.
See you on the other side
The trusted advisors who sweat the small stuff (and who know when the small stuff is actually the big stuff). This team helps us navigate a quickly and constantly evolving industry with an eye toward the future.
Who We’re Looking For
Yuga Labs is a rapidly growing Web3 company seeking a highly skilled and experienced Commercial and Digital Technology Transactional Attorney to join our Legal team. The successful candidate will be responsible for drafting and negotiating various types of commercial agreements, including technology licenses, vendor agreements, and partnership agreements. This position requires a strong understanding of NFTs, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology. This role will report into the Deputy General Counsel.
- Draft, review, and negotiate commercial agreements, including technology licenses, vendor agreements, and partnership agreements.
- Advise the company on various legal matters related to NFTs, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology.
- Provide legal guidance to internal teams on legal issues that may arise in the course of their work.
- Manage and maintain legal documentation, including contracts and policies.
- Conduct legal research on various issues related to NFTs, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations related to NFTs, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the legal team to provide timely and accurate legal advice to the company.
- JD from an accredited U.S. law school.
- 2+ years of experience as a transactional attorney, with a focus on technology transactions and contracts.
- A blend of law firm and in-house corporate experience preferred
- Strong understanding of or interest in NFTs, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology.
- Experience working with vendor contracts, commercial transactions, data privacy, cybersecurity, and sophisticated transaction support
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Experience with drafting and negotiating complex licensing agreements a plus
The annual salary for this position ranges from $100,000 to $150,000. The actual annual salary paid for this position will be based on several factors, including but not limited to, skills, prior experiences, training, company needs, and current market demands. The annual salary range for this position is subject to change and may be adjusted in the future. This position may also be eligible for salary increases, bonuses, equity awards, and benefits.
What We Offer
- Working with the best-in-class talent creating innovative technologies and bringing the forefront of culture to web3
- Exposure to innovative technologies in cryptocurrency, blockchain technology, and game development
- Collaboration with blue chip projects and AAA studios and partners
- Great internal growth and development
- 100% remote
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks
We believe true innovation in web3 requires diversity in perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. But historically marginalized groups are underrepresented in the space, not just as participants but as leaders and creators. Luckily, we — and every web3 company — have the opportunity to bake necessary process and mindset shifts into our company DNA from the early days.
To help build a web3 that’s diverse and inclusive, we strive to build Yuga’s workplace to be diverse and inclusive. Not just how we do things day to day, but who does them and who decides what needs to be done.
So if you’re excited about one of our roles but your resume doesn’t align perfectly with the job description, please apply anyway. If you’re enthusiastic about web3 but come from an industry you think is unrelated, apply anyway. If you’re a great thinker and doer, apply anyway. The fate of web3 kiiinda depends on it.
Life at Yuga Labs
At Yuga Labs, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're shaping the future of identity, community, and technology—an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
As a remote-first company, we encourage our employees to care for their whole selves through comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Yuga Labs applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Yuga Labs applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Yuga Labs Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Please mention the word **KINDNESS** and tag RMzQuMjE5LjEyOS4xNDk= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMjE5LjEyOS4xNDk=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok