Posted 11 May 2023, 2:00 pm
Backend Developer Web3 at Polygon Labs
What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
About the job:
The digital landscape continues to evolve at a rapid pace, and Polygon Labs remains on the cutting edge with innovative Ethereum scaling solutions, developer tools and user applications. We’re looking for a skilled Software Engineer - Backend to join our team of creators consistently raising the bar on developer, as well as user experiences. Working behind the scenes on the Developer Studio Engineering team, the ideal candidate has a unique blend of technical expertise and insatiable curiosity, with a methodical, analytical mindset. You should be comfortable working alongside a team as well as independently in the design and development of mission-critical web3 services, applications, and layers of the infrastructure. Our back end developers have an immediate effect on our business success, as well as the success of our clients.\n
Roles and responsibilities:
- Minimum 2 years of experience with backend development and at least 1 year of web3 experience.
- Regularly communicate with stakeholders, project managers, quality assurance teams, and other developers regarding progress on the long-term technology roadmap
- Produce secure and quality code, adhering to clean code principles and writing unit tests, raising the bar for the whole team on quality and speed
- Build prototypes, solve issues, profile and analyze bottlenecks
- Design and maintain scalable web3 applications and supporting infrastructure like chain data indexers, staking platforms, multi chain bridges etc.
- Develop robust REST and GraphQL APIs to support developers and high traffic frontend applications
- Manage and optimize scalable SQL and NoSQL databases
- Develop automated tests to ensure business needs are met and allow for regression testing
- Computer science degree and equivalent experience
- Experience in Web3 space and developing applications on EVM compatible chains is as must
- Excellent foundation in computer science, algorithms, and software design
- Experience writing highly secure NodeJS applications
- Experience designing REST and GraphQL APIs
- Experience with Event Driven architecture and Microservice architecture patterns
- Experience with Jest testing framework
- Growth mindset, challenging status quo to find new solutions and out-of-the-box ideas
- Experience with core AWS technologies
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package.
- A good work environment with competitive benefits and holidays.
- We’re a lean team with a flat hierarchy, so your impact will be felt immediately.
- Crypto native colleagues who want to change the world!
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee*
Company matching 401k with 6% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$2,000 Annual Employee Development Program
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
$75/ Month internet or phone reimbursement*
Unlimited Time Off
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Employee Assistance Programs
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k & Monthly internet/phone reimbursement is for United States Employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon Labs
Website | Twitter | Developer Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Discord | Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn
Please mention the word **RAPTURE** and tag RMzQuMjE5LjEyOS4xNDk= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMjE5LjEyOS4xNDk=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok