Posted 9 May 2023, 5:11 pm
Technical QA at Footium
Footium is building a multiplayer, competitive and rewarding football management game. We are a startup of 14 people, who are all passionate about football and gaming!
We are mostly a remote company, with a small hub in London where people work in-person a few times a week (optional).
Footium has been in production for around 2 years, and we are looking to launch the first full season of the game in 2023. We have a thriving community of Footium Club owners which includes Pro Footballers such as Chris Smalling and Nigel de Jong and many Football Gaming content creators.
About the Role
Reporting to the Product Lead, the Technical QA will be working within an experienced Game Development team in an agile environment. They should be a great communicator with strong technical skills and a passion for football gaming.
The candidate will be responsible for helping to define the quality standards for the project and then taking a proactive role in developing the tools and practices that allow us to ensure our releases adhere to them.
The role will be focused on bug prevention, and will be required to work closely alongside our development, data and product teams.
Ideally the candidate will be located in or near London, UK to allow in person working with other team members a few days a week, but this is not a requirement.
- Supporting the developers by testing builds and contributing to automated test coverage
- Writing test cases for all areas of the game and managing the testing strategy & process
- Ensuring all new features have been tested to an appropriate level
- Contributing to sprint planning, sprint retrospectives and daily standups
- Identifying, raising and regressing bugs
- Assisting the data team in balancing various economic aspects such as Player Growth and Player Generation
- Implementing bug prevention methods
- Working with our community to properly identify and raise bugs they have found
- Supporting product by contributing to acceptance criteria to enable test cases to be effectively created
- Taking ownership of the overarching quality of the application & inputting into the development strategy
Required Skills and Experience:
- A good understanding of agile development practices and testing
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Games Industry QA
- Interest in football and gaming
- Great attention to detail
- Flexibility to work across different QA projects at once
- Adaptability to learn new skills and practices quickly
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive mindset to help shape the QA process design and implementation
- A drive for continuous improvement and learning
Salary Range: £25,000 - £45,000
Tokens: 0.05% - 0.2%
Please mention the word **IMPRESS** and tag RMy4yMzYuMjE4LjE1MA== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMy4yMzYuMjE4LjE1MA==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok