Posted 9 May 2023, 6:51 pm
Staff Software Engineer at Polygon Technology
What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
- Build and lead an outstanding engineering team
- Make architectural decisions in collaboration with other dev teams
- Work in a cross-functional team (Product Managers and Engineers) in a highly collaborative environment where you will also speak to our community and often pair to solve problems
- Coach and mentor team members to encourage continuous growth
- Implement new features and deploy them on an ongoing basis
- Design, implement and improve release processes for Polygon blockchain nodes
- Design and build blockchain components, consensus, tools for the Polygon ecosystem
- Provide technical support to external teams and developers
- Work with other teams like Product, Network, Smart contracts, the Integration team
- Work across the whole development lifecycle (discovery, delivery, testing, releasing, supporting, and maintaining) using an agile methodology
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in blockchain technology and grow our internal capability
- Closely collaborate with internal and external experts within various technical domains
- Help the team champion software quality while being pragmatic
- Demonstrate and inspire a strong sense of teamwork
- Demonstrate and inspire integrity, quality, and professionalism
- Hands-on problem solving
- 3+ years of experience as Tech Lead
- Experience with Ethereum, Bitcoin, or other blockchains — proficient with the core concepts in the space
- Different scalability approaches, such as rollups and sidechains, knowledge of ZK rollups is a big plus
- Expert in multiple languages and tools like Go, Rust, Node, containerization, etc
- Good to have experience in Smart contract programming in Solidity, Vyper, or otherwise
- Modern engineering practices such as continuous delivery, infrastructure as code, test-driven development (TDD), and domain-driven design (DDD)
- Continuously delivering a product using principles of lean product design and hypothesis-driven development.
- Coordinating a globally distributed remote team
- Mentoring and supporting engineers and building an inclusive and diverse culture in which everyone can succeed
- Leads by example, creating a sense of energy, ownership, detail orientation, collaboration, and personal commitment to the work
- Experience working cross-functionally in a matrix environment and being the connective tissue between many different teams and collaborators
- Extremely organized, responsive, responsible, and accountable
- Excellent active listening and interpersonal skills
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee*
Company matching 401k with 6% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance
$2,000 Annual Employee Development Program
Book Allowance Program…$200 per year
Company issued laptop
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon Labs
Website | Twitter | Developer Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Discord | Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn
Please mention the word **UNMATCHED** and tag RMy4yMzYuMjE4LjE1MA== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMy4yMzYuMjE4LjE1MA==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok