Posted 8 May 2023, 2:00 pm
Technical Customer Success Manager at Obol
Who Are We?
Obol Labs is a remote-first research and software development team focused on Proof of Stake infrastructure for public blockchain networks. Specific topics of focus are Internet Bonds, Distributed Validator Technology, and Multi-Operator Validation. The core team includes +20 members spread across +10 countries.
The core team is building the Obol Network, a protocol to foster trust-minimized staking through multi-operator validation. This will enable low-trust access to Ethereum staking yield, which can be used as a core building block in various Web3 products.
The network can be best visualized as a work layer that sits directly on top of the base layer consensus. This work layer is designed to provide the base layer with more resiliency and decentralization as it scales. In this chapter of Ethereum, we will move on to the next great scaling challenge, which is stake centralization. Layers like Obol are critical to the long-term viability and resiliency of public networks, especially networks like Ethereum.
Obol as a layer is focused on scaling main chain staking by providing permissionless access to Distributed Validators. The network utilizes a middleware implementation of Distributed Validator Technology (DVT), to enable the operation of distributed validator clusters that can preserve validators' current client and remote signing configurations.
Similar to how roll-up technology laid the foundation for L2 scaling implementations, we believe DVT will do the same for scaling the consensus layer while preserving decentralization. Staking infrastructure is entering its protocol phase of evolution, which must include trust-minimized staking networks that can be plugged into at scale. We believe DVT will evolve into a widely used primitive and will ensure the security, resiliency, and decentralization of public networks.
The Obol Network develops and maintains four core public goods that will eventually work together through circular economics:
The DV Launchpad, a User Interface for bootstrapping and managing Distributed Validators
Charon, a middleware Golang client that enables validators to run in a fault-tolerant, distributed manner
Obol Managers, a set of solidity libraries for the formation of Distributed Validators tailored to different use cases such as DeFi, Liquid Staking, and Fractionalized Deposits
Obol Testnets, a set of ongoing public incentivized testnets that enable any sized operator to test their deployment before serving for the Ethereum Main net
Sustainable Public Goods
Obol is inspired by previous work on Ethereum public goods and experimenting with circular economics. We believe that to unlock innovation in staking use cases, a credibly neutral layer must exist for innovation to flow and evolve vertically. Without this layer, highly available uptime will continue to be a moat.
The Obol Network will become an open, community-governed, self-sustaining project over the coming months and years. Together we will incentivize, build, and maintain distributed validator technology that makes public networks a more secure and resilient foundation to build on top of.
We are looking for a Technical Customer Success Manager to join our team.
The role will be to guide customers from their first introduction to Obol, through testing, integration, and beyond.
The mission of the role is to manage relationships with Liquid staking protocols and their operator's integrations.\n
- Act as the primary point of contact for a number of key stakeholders, align and coordinate internal resources to ensure the stakeholder’s success with Obol.
- Onboarding is one of the biggest priorities for CSMs. It´s extremely important to educate customers on how to use your product. Onboarding should focus on features they need to learn, based on the projects they aim to complete.
- Educate and manage new customers from a technical perspective, the main job is to build relationships and work with customers to ensure they are using Obol software to their maximum benefit.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the customer's needs and are responsible for communicating common customer behaviors to the business, marketing, product, and legal teams.
- Listen to customer needs and escalate and champion the feedback to internal teams.
- Make sure we have written documentation that may be useful to support the customer's needs.
- Lead all phases of the customer journey post-acquisition from testing through mainnet integration.
- Should be able to answer technical questions in Discord/ handle technical issues and questions coming from the community.
- Steer the customer relationship by serving as the customer’s trusted advisor.
- Work with customers to price their existing infrastructure costs and develop a cost model with them for what their costs could look like if they adopt Obol software.
- Experience as a DevOps or Software DeveloperWorking knowledge of Kubernetes, Helm, Ansible, Terraform, Docker and Unix.
- Experience deploying software to cloud and bare metal data centers. Experience in Web3 and staking is ideal but not mandatory
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- The ideal time zone is from UTC-5 to UTC+3.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to collaborate while also working independently
- Passion for web3 & strong belief in Obol’s mission
Nice to have
- Solid programming skills and developer experience
- Understanding of the Ethereum Virtual Machine and Solidity.
- Knowledge of blockchain infrastructure, specifically Proof-of-Stake, more specifically Ethereum
- Running servers at home
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Generous paid time off (According to company policy)
- Budget for training or education. Possibility to attend conferences.
- Once annual global offsite
Join our talented team!
Please mention the word **INTIMATE** and tag RMzUuMjAzLjE0OC4yMTI= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzUuMjAzLjE0OC4yMTI=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok