Posted 5 May 2023, 5:00 pm
UI UX Designer Mobile at Pocket Worlds
Who We Are
Sitting at the intersection of social networking and gaming, we empower creativity and connection in a digital world. Our mission is to build deep, rich virtual worlds where everyone belongs.
We have been working towards this mission for a decade. We are the creators of Highrise, the first virtual world on mobile, which has seen extraordinary growth over the last few years and now boasts over 20 million users across iOS and Android. Every day, the citizens of Highrise come together to hangout, explore, create, collect, and trade in our metaverse, and we are on the precipice of making history once again with our expansion into Highrise World.
To build creative worlds where you belong.
About This Role
We are growing and looking for a skilled and enthusiastic UI/UX Designer with experience in creating user-centered designs.
We are looking for a passionate designer excited to make the world both more accessible and fun. You will be working to construct delightful user experiences around play and friendships.\n
As UI/UX Designer you will...
- Work closely with our Senior Product Designer on Highrise.
- Create delightful user-centered experiences by building and adhering to established design patterns.
- Generate mockups, wireframes and polished visual designs.
- Effectively estimate tasks and deliver on time.
- Establish, maintain and follow consistent internal design guidelines for UI/UX.
- Survey other applications to understand what does and doesn’t work.
- Conduct customer interviews when necessary to collect feedback and understand user requirements.
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to be…
- You have 1+ year's experience designing and building product experiences for end-users and ideally you have shipped design for a product used by many people.
- You have a strong user-centered approach when making design decisions, and you back those decisions with user research.
- You’re very open to feedback and trying new things.
- You are an effective communicator.
- You have some experience working with design tools like Figma.
- You have a strong attention to detail when it comes to design guidelines and consistency.
Within 3 months, you'll…
- Work with Highrise's Product designer to deliver attractive user interfaces.
- Support our Product designer to create mock-ups.
- Assist in the production of concept sketches, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Independently gather and evaluate user requirements.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems.
Within 6 months, you'll...:
- Independently contribute to Highrise's UI design style guide.
- Take ownership of designing graphic user interface elements.
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback.
- Equipment allowance: Choose your own tools for optimal productivity.
- Health coverage: Medical and dental insurance are provided.
- Unlimited vacation: Take the time you need to recharge and come back stronger.
- Education stipend: Fuel your passion for learning and growth.
- Monthly fitness allowance: Stay active and healthy with our support.
- Team bonding: Monthly budget for team building and unforgettable team retreats.
- Breakthrough creativity: With a focus on innovation and pushing boundaries, you'll have the freedom to unleash your creativity and come up with bold, cutting-edge ideas.
- Dynamic work environment: With a fully remote setup and a collaborative culture, you'll work with an energetic and talented team, making for a dynamic and fulfilling work experience.
- Meaningful impact on millions: Your work will have a significant impact on the lives of millions of people, as you create virtual worlds that offer unique experiences and connections.
- Growth opportunities in a startup: As a part of a growing startup, you'll have room for personal and professional growth, learning new skills and potentially taking on leadership roles.
- Pioneering industry at the forefront of innovation: You'll be part of a thrilling, exciting industry that's pushing the limits of what's possible in virtual worlds, working with cutting-edge technology and being at the forefront of innovation.
- Working with top talent from around the world: You'll have the opportunity to collaborate with and learn from some of the most talented people in the industry, regardless of where they are in the world.
What its Really Like to Work Here
We're a team of self-driven individuals from all over the world, united by a common goal of making a real impact on the internet revolution. We take ownership of our work, embrace mistakes as learning opportunities, and find creative solutions to challenges. Our unshakeable belief in ourselves and each other fuels our drive to push ourselves to the limit and achieve our biggest breakthroughs. If you're looking for an inspiring, driven team, we're ready to take on the world with you.
Be an Owner
Be a Team Player
Be Player Focused
Enjoy the Journey
Please mention the word **EXALTEDLY** and tag RMTUxLjgwLjE0My4yMDY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTUxLjgwLjE0My4yMDY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok