Posted 3 May 2023, 2:00 pm
Protocol Engineer at Biconomy
Note to all applicants: We are a remote-first team, however, the majority of our employees are based in the EMEA region, so we have a preference for candidates who can work remotely in the EMEA time zones.
Please also note: as a team who are looking to lead the way in Web 3, we require all applicants to have previous experience in the Web 3 / Blockchain Industry
Join a leading Web 3 company that’s enabling and powering the builders of the new internet!
Biconomy’s foundations were built on making Web 3 accessible and simple to all. We do this by making blockchain transactions seamless, and by doing so, we are accelerating the mainstream adoption of Web 3.
That’s why ease and accessibility are imperative to our innovations and solutions. While we build for developers, our work radically simplifies the overall user experience on Web 3. By abstracting away blockchain complexities, the end user enjoys the benefits of Web 3 with the familiarity of Web 2.
We are already solving for some of the leading players in the blockchain space & are emerging as the default transaction stack for Web 3. Some of our numbers:
- Processed 36+ million transactions
- Facilitating over $315 million + of transfer volume
- Saving users over $5 million in gas fees!
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for a protocol engineer to work within the Protocol Team in designing and implementing Biconomy’s Multichain Relayer Protocol. You will collaboratively take ownership of the protocol's design, construction, and development.
We are looking for a highly experienced core developer with relevant experience in implementing solutions to core blockchain problems (such as consensus, account management, cryptography, storage, identity, and performance)As web3 networks mature, the demand for highly intuitive and nuanced user experiences has grown. At the same time, the demand for decentralization is at an all-time high.
To achieve these design goals, we need a core developer to collaboratively design, build and evolve the core decentralized infrastructure capable of censorship resistance and, simultaneously, deliver user experience exceeding those offered by legacy networks.\n
What will you be doing?
- Working within the Protocol Team in designing and implementing Biconomy’s Multichain Relayer protocol
- Researching external blockchain systems and understanding how they implement solutions to core blockchain problems, designing ways to integrate them with Biconomy’s relayer protocol
- Participating in technical specifications design, development, and implementations
- Upholding high-security standards and ensuring sound security practices when building out the protocol
- Collaborating with developers on all parts of the stack internally for auxiliary products such as wallets, block explorers, etc
- Performing and assisting engineers through code reviews, acceptance testing, bug fixing, and general support
- Staying up to date with emerging trends and applying them to Biconomy if applicable
Your experience should include:
- 4+ years of experience in software development and relevant experience in blockchain technologies.
- Practical experience with various consensus protocols/algorithms
- Practical experience with p2p communication in a decentralized network (concept of connecting to a peer node, handling connection drops, hands-on libp2p experience is a plus point!)
- Practical experience with designing and building high-performance and scalable network protocols
- Practical experience with mempool implementation (preferably EVM mempool) and ability to modify it as per network requirements. Non-EVM is a plus point!
- Hands-on experience with Oracles, Relayers, and setting up blockchain nodes
- Hands-on experience with Ethereum supplementary tools such as infura, ethers.js, hardhat, etc
- Demonstrated strong ability to take an implementation from POC to MVP to Production while ensuring quality
What's in it for you?
You will get the first-row seat to designing and building the novel decentralized infrastructure that supports improved web3 UX through optimized transaction management and execution. You will have the opportunity to implement novel concepts and innovate on decentralized designs while also ensuring that we relentlessly ship products to production and not just implement them in silos.
More importantly, you get to be part of a team of highly experienced and driven individuals from around the globe to collaborate on and build industry-leading decentralized network infrastructure.
What we offer:
- Work from anywhere (Remote first)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Salary with regular reviews
- Token Allocation
- Opportunity to grow. The sky's the limit if you're hungry to succeed
- Be an integral part of building the narrative for the digital economies of the future
- Game nights, virtual celebrations, and work retreats
Biconomy is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Please mention the word **EVALUATIVE** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTk3 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTk3). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok