Posted 3 May 2023, 4:00 pm
Operations Associate at For Our Future Action Fund
Position: Operations Associate-HQ
Job Location: Washington, DC (Currently Remote and Will Have Remote Options until further notice)
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Position Classification: Not Union Eligible
Compensation: $51,000 - $56,000 per year
Position Travel Percentage: 10%
Reports to: National Operations Director
About For Our Future
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and racial and social justice. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.
For Our Future recognizes a staff bargaining unit, affiliated with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) 2304, a labor union. This position is NOT included in the For Our Future bargaining unit.
About the Role
For Our Future seeks a resourceful problem solver with a passion for progressive politics to join our growing Operations Team. The Operations Associate supports the day-to-day operations of For Our Future’s national team, working in close coordination with the Operations/Compliance, Legal, and Finance teams.\n
- Manages the Operations team communication channels and inbox, daily, to resolve or escalate all outstanding requests from employees and vendors.
- Processes expenses and purchases through bill.com.
- Supports the operational needs of our headquarters, and state offices, including but not limited to managing organizational cloud-based applications and subscriptions, technology purchasing and maintenance.
- Provides support to state operations staff, helping to identify issues and implement solutions to those issues.
- Supports daily operational needs of the national headquarters.
- Collaborates with the national Operations team to develop creative and technological solutions to streamline internal systems and processes.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 2 years experience in non-profit and/or political operations.
- Experience with political campaigns or organizations.
- High technological literacy.
- Experience with G-suite.
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks as the organization and the position evolves.
- Experience working on projects in a high-productivity environment.
- Exercises good judgment in high-pressure situations.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and possesses the ability to work with people at all levels of the organization and with diverse backgrounds.
- Exceptional communications and time-management skills.
The compensation for this position may be based on experience and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $150 Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off every calendar year, as well as other paid holidays
Expected Hours of Work
- Normal hours of business are from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time Monday thru Friday, however employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends and nights.
- Employees are required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle or other key deadlines, and generally not allowed to take off during blackout periods. Emergencies are not affected by this policy.
This position is based in our Washington, DC headquarters, which is currently remote and will have a remote option until further notice. Employees will therefore work and interact primarily in a virtual environment for the duration of this position. Employees may be required to periodically travel to and/or work out of office locations in Washington, DC or at state offices.
Health and Safety
For Our Future Action Fund ("FOF") is fully committed to the health and safety of our colleagues, candidates and the communities we serve. We encourage all employees to stay “up to date” with their COVID-19 vaccines and once eligible, to get COVID-19 boosters; however, this is not a requirement for employment at FOF.
All employees are required to adhere to the health and safety policies and procedures, when appropriate as implemented by the organization. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation form by emailing FOF Human Resources at: email@example.com.
Be advised that health and safety policies and procedures around COVID-19 may change in the future to stay in compliance with public health guidance and applicable laws.
For Our Future is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, ancestry, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. Equal opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
We are also committed to the full inclusion of every qualified individual. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the word **FAV** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTk3 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTk3). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok