Posted 3 May 2023, 5:11 pm
Senior Software Engineer at Utopia Labs
💻 Engineering at Utopia Labs
We love building beautiful and powerful technology with deep impact and purpose. With almost all of our founding team having a technically-focused background from companies like Microsoft, Facebook, and Lunchclub. Utopia Labs wants you to join a group of hackers who are driven by their deep curiosity, a pursuit of technical excellence, and a passion for driving impact.
At Utopia Labs, we're building the tools that will support the future of governance, commerce, and work. We aim to help DAOs revolutionize the way people work, own, and interact with the world. Our engineering effort is central to that goal.
As a senior engineer with Utopia, you will be a major stakeholder in helping the engineering org scale as we build the software that will power Web3’s largest organizations. We are looking for skillful, communicative, and reliable engineers who have real-world distributed systems experience at scale.
- Build out well-tested frontend and backend systems for our core web product.
- Articulate a long-term technical direction and vision for maintaining and scaling our web product
- Shepherd technical infrastructure for an ambitious product roadmap.
- Help reinforce security, availability, and scalability in our software infrastructure.
- Create trustworthy user experiences by building interfaces that are simple, easy to comprehend, performant and reliable using modern tools like React, Typescript, and GraphQL.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to understand as well as explain complex ideas to stakeholders of varying levels of technical experience
- Solid experience architecting solutions (experience in different architecture layers and components) through multiple frameworks
- Experience managing and scaling early engineering teams
- Understanding of GraphQL
- Experience developing cloud services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, security, and reliability.
- Experience developing with a test-driven mentality
- Proficiency with Git
- A good understanding of CI/CD
Nice to have
- Started, or participated in a DAO as a core contributor.
- Interest in crypto.
- Experience using decentralized databases like Ceramic and OrbitDB
- 3+ years full-time software engineering experience
- 1+ years full-time experience in a blockchain-based project
- Experience contributing to open-source projects
- Experience writing smart contracts or building
- Demonstrated interest in open and community-driven platforms.
Perks & Benefits
🎒 Health and wellbeing
We offer top-of-the-line benefits, including health, mental health, dental, and vision insurance.
🌴 Time off
We want people to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. We offer a 3 week paid vacation as well as 10 observed holidays by country.
🐣 Parental leave
Our parental leave policy offers biological, adoptive, and foster parents paid time off to spend quality time with family.
🥗 Lunch on us
You'll have a very generous meal budget for you to eat every day.
We offer monthly commuter credits.
Please mention the word **SUPPORTIVE** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTk3 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTk3). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok