Posted 2 May 2023, 7:10 pm
Payments Product Counsel at Strike
Strike's mission is to build a more connected financial world.
Strike allows users to send and receive money anywhere, instantly, with no fees.
Strike is built on top of the Bitcoin network - the largest global, interoperable and open payments standard. Strike believes that open payment networks enable universal participation in the financial system, ushering in a new digital economy with truly borderless money transfers. Strike leverages Bitcoin’s open payment network to offer users the first global peer-to-peer payments app and a novel bitcoin-native neobanking experience.
As part of Strike’s small legal team, you will help shape the legal, product, and business strategy for a fast-growing fintech company. We’re seeking an attorney with financial services, product counseling, and/or in-house tech company experience. This cross-functional role blends product, regulatory, and commercial counsel responsibilities, and requires an autodidactic mindset to tackle legal issues in collaboration with a range of internal teams.
The ideal candidate should thrive working in a fast-paced startup environment and be excited about Strike’s mission and potential. You must be comfortable with a team-first approach in a remote work environment.
- Navigate a complex regulatory and commercial landscape to help design innovative products and services in various countries.
- Provide end-to-end product counseling on payments- and banking-related products in partnership with a range of internal teams, including Product, Business, Engineering and Data Science, Compliance, CX, Comms, and Marketing.
- Negotiate and finalize commercial agreements from a variety of domains.
- Build and improve template agreements.
- Research novel legal questions and provide clear and actionable guidance to internal clients.
- Coordinate, draft, and review written communications to regulators.
- Build processes to improve the legal team’s and the company’s operating efficiency and mitigate legal risk.
- Member of a US State Bar
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Familiarity and experience with payments and banking industry legal issues and applicable requirements and regulations, including NACHA Rules, card network rules, etc.
- Experience drafting and negotiating agreements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and organization
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Ability to learn new software and cloud-based tools as needed
- 8+ years of legal work experience
- At least one of the following work experiences:
- Top law firm or state or federal clerkships
- Financial regulator at the state or federal level
- In-house legal teams at technology companies (ideally fintech)
- Experience in the cryptocurrency or payments space
- Experience working with outside counsel in international contexts
- Experience with commercial relationships relevant to fintech
Please mention the word **PLEASES** and tag RMTg2LjEyMS4xOTUuNjg= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTg2LjEyMS4xOTUuNjg=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok