Posted 22 Apr 2023, 6:51 pm
Localization Manager at The Sandbox
The Sandbox is building a decentralized metaverse, empowering creators and players to come together and build the world they’ve always wanted. It is our mission to build an inclusive and open metaverse. Building the bridge between blockchain, social experiences, and gaming. Creating long-lasting relationships through the power of community, creativity, and NFTs.
About the position:
As a localization manager you’ll oversee the whole process of The Sandbox entering new markets. You’ll be responsible for implementing and executing the localization strategy of a company, managing translation projects from beginning to end.
You’ll manage and maintain relationships with trusted translators, alongside internal team members and final reviewers to produce an efficient translation workflow that ensures the product/ services and website are well localized.
- Implementing the localization strategy of a company from start to finish
- Coordinating and managing translators, freelancers, content experts, and internal departments, including training
- Working with internal and external vendors to identify any potential business blockers and ensure a smooth translation workflow
- Driving high-quality output from freelancers
- Tracking and monitoring of a translation project, reporting of progress to internal stakeholders
- Assessing project risk through prioritization and other means
- Researching and optimizing the best localization technology for improved efficiency
- Managing the budget of a localization project through gathering data on cost, including forecasting for future markets
- Monitoring localization ROI of the company
- Creating glossaries and briefs for those involved in projects
- Building regional guidelines for better cultural understanding of new markets
- Working knowledge of industry-standard localization tools - tech-savvy
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to details
- Full professional fluency in English (additional languages are a plus)
- Proven track record of managing language localization projects and previous experience collaborating with Language System Protocols
- BA/BS degree or equal practical experience
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Cross-functional collaboration experience
- Multilingual, to be fluent in multiple languages
Please mention the word **NICELY** and tag RMzQuMjEyLjEyNS4xNjE= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMjEyLjEyNS4xNjE=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok