Posted 23 Apr 2023, 6:51 pm
Lead Data Scientist Finance at Figment
At Figment, our mission is to create an Internet that is truly decentralized where users can freely interact, share, collaborate, and exchange goods and services in a trustless environment. We offer staking, middleware, and application layer solutions for token holders and developers investing in and building on Web 3 technologies. Together, we can build a better Internet.
About this Role
We are seeking a Lead Data Scientist with experience in finance to help grow the figment data team.
We're looking for someone who has strong technical data science skills and the ability to interact with the business units. The candidate should be able to identify issues, use data to propose solutions, and clearly convey how to leverage data driven results for effective decision making.
If you enjoy solving data driven solutions and providing real business impact, then this role may be a good fit for you. Ideal candidates are comfortable working in an unstructured environment, dealing with uncertainty, minimal direction, and working across a range of projects.
What you will be doing
- Scoping, planning, and delivering data driven solutions for the Figment finance team, Sales and customer success team.
- Using analytics and machine learning tools to produce solutions.
- Be the team interface with Finance & CS for supporting ad hoc EDA and various reports.
- Data extraction (python scripts, json files, etc) to building pipelines from various external sources such as; blockchain block explores, APIs, and webscrapers
- Establish new systems and processes and look for opportunities to improve the flow of data
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies
- Stay up to date with the latest technology, techniques and methods
What you will bring to the team
- Significant experience with Data Science and Data Solutions
- Familiar with a modern data stack (databases and pipelining, Vis tools, ML platforms )
- Results oriented individual with a high EQ and attention to detail
- Desire to try new ideas if the first one doesn't work
- Team working skills and a collaborative approach to sharing ideas and finding solutions
- Experience in one of the following - financial reporting, digital assets, securities
- Familiarity of working with Blockchains or in the Web3 space
- Experience with data engineering tasks
- Background interacting and working with a finance team
- Working knowledge of:
- Our stack (AWS, Snowflake, jupyterhub, Dagster, dbt, Fivetran, Monte Carlo)
- Our tools (Python, Selenium, metabase/signal, GitHub, Jira, Slack)
One of Figment’s core principles is “Making the Invisible Visible” - ensuring transparency and information sharing in all communication. Figment is committed to transparency regarding pay, benefits, and other compensation types for all internal roles as well as all roles being hired for.
Base Salary: The US base salary range for this position is $160,000 to $200,000 USD. The Canadian base salary range for this position is $160,000 to $200,000 CAD. This range reflects base salary only, and does not include additional compensation or benefits. For candidates in other countries, the pay range will be disclosed upon your first interview with Figment (being a globally remote company, the list of salary ranges would simply be too long to note here!). The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum range for a new hire across all of the US. A candidate’s specific pay within the range will be determined by various factors including job-related skills, relevant education, and training.
Benefits: All full-time employees of Figment receive the following competitive benefits. For candidates beyond Canada and the US, benefits will be outlined during your first interview with Figment.
- 100% remote-first environment, with co-working spaces in our employee “hubs” across the globe for those who enjoy a hybrid model
- 4 weeks of PTO that kick in day one, with an additional 1 week of flex days
- Extended company-paid health benefits that kick in day one
- Best in class parental leave and flexible arrangements
- A home office stipend to create a space that you enjoy working in
- Monthly Wifi reimbursement
- A yearly Learning & Development budget
- 401K (US) or RRSP match (Canada)
- Stock Options in the company
- Competitive bonus (based on company performance) that is distributed quarterly - we believe that the company’s success should be shared with our employees often
- For roles listed within the Sales Department, there is instead a competitive commissions structure which will be outlined during your first interview with Figment
- Annual onsite company gatherings and retreats to inspire team bonding, collaboration, and fun!
- A culture of honesty, professionalism and risk taking in a high-growth environment
At Figment, our mission is to support the adoption, growth and long term success of the Web 3 ecosystem. This is Figment’s unique approach: we make it simple to build on the next generation of blockchain technology.
We provide enterprise grade node and staking infrastructure and developer tools while also actively participating in community & governance.
Please mention the word **SWANK** and tag RMzQuMjEyLjEyNS4xNjE= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMjEyLjEyNS4xNjE=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok