Posted 25 Mar 2023, 10:40 pm
Full Stack Engineer at Avante IO
Avante IO is seeking experienced Django Full-Stack Engineers interested in helping our team build out cutting-edge insurance technologies. We are building out exciting tech (using Agile methodologies) at scale on AWS using some of the following frameworks and programming languages:
- ReactJS/Redux/Typescript/RTK Query
- PostgreSQL, Redis
Your responsibilities will include working with underwriters and business associates in planning & building new features, fixing existing bugs, and working on performance problems. We are looking for engineers excited about working on challenging problems and comfortable with ownership of complicated technical problems.
- Partners with Agile Program Manager (APM), Digital Product Manager (DPM), and Business Systems Analyst (BSA) to accurately capture stakeholder requests and system specifications and translate them into engineering artifacts, which typically include design specifications, source code, test scripts and test results.
- Consults with enterprise architects to ensure that the engineering realization is in accordance with Enterprise Architecture principles and software development best practices.
- As part of Agile teams, completes complex software development work involving creative application of design, coding and debugging methods and techniques. Keeps Agile team and APM updated on product status.
- Utilizes high level software development expertise to provide guidance to stakeholders on devising effective and efficient approaches to achieve product objectives.
- Manages engineering risks by proactively tracking and communicating issues, devising methods to mitigate them and collaborating with involved parties to implement solutions.
- Leads architecture and design discussion. Interface with other product to coordinate interdependencies and resolve issues.
- Provides input to APM/DPM in creation of Product Roadmap, High Level Estimates.
- Supports business units in the resolution of in-depth user questions and issues.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technology and software engineering standards & practices.
- Collaborates with IT management to define and develop documentation & engineering artifact standards, guidelines, processes, and templates.
- Implementation of software features based on written and visual/design specifications.
- Writing automated unit tests.
- Participation in regularly scheduled SCRUM meetings.
- Development of software patches for known bugs or malfunctions, i.e., responds to bug reports.
- Use of organizational and digital communication software to effectively contribute to assigned task works.
- Developing front-end architecture.
- Developing back-end functionality with python, Django, and PostgreSQL
- Terraforming servers and databases, and other supporting infrastructure.
- Ensuring responsiveness of front-end applications.
- Seeing through projects from conception to finished product.
- Meeting both technical and business needs.
- Staying well-informed of the latest developments in the technologies powering our stack
- Django, Python
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- Version control / Git
- Docker, terraform, ECS, S3, ElasticSearch and other AWS products (LaTeX nice to have)
- 6+ years Excellent experience on Full stack engineering
- At least 2 years as a lead Engineer
- At least 3 years of experience in Solution Architecture leveraging modern architecture principles
Job Type: Fixed term contract
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
- Django: 5 years (required)
- React: 3 years (required)
- PostgreSQL: 5 years (required)
Work Location: Remote
Please mention the word **NOURISHMENT** and tag RMTguMjM3LjIyNy4xMjM= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTguMjM3LjIyNy4xMjM=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok