Posted 22 Mar 2023, 4:06 pm
Art Director at Jam.gg
Jam.gg is a social and low tech-friendly cloud gaming platform. It has been designed to be accessible to everyone: available directly from a web browser, it does not require a high-speed internet connection to provide a seamless multiplayer game experience. Jam.gg is all about bringing people together through games, with a touch of childhood playfulness and creativity.
We are led by an experienced team of ex Google, Twitter, Amazon, Docker, EA, King and other top tech companies. Jam.gg is a YCombinator company and backed by top VC firms and LEGO Ventures and has already established itself as a new go-to platform for cloud gaming in some countries.
We’re at the stage where we’re scaling our Studio Department as one of our key units. This is an incredible opportunity to join a booming company. Driven by a strong inclusive culture, we welcome self-starting, fast learning, talented people wishing to start and manage unique, and challenging projects where collaboration (internal and external) is everything.
We are looking for a talented Art Director to join our growing Studio team.
Location: The candidate must be based in Europe within +/- 2 hours of CET time zone.
Start date: As soon as possible
What you will be doing:
- You will be in charge of setting and upholding the overall art direction, that's aligned with the company vision, for a new and groundbreaking game.
- You will mentor/develop a small team of talented and independent artists, optimally staffing it to fit the production needs.
- You'll work very hands-on during the whole game development process, setting the standard for the other artists to follow.
- As a part of the development team, you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your art expertise.
What we are looking for:
- Proven professional experience with the pre-production phase of game development and establishing art direction from scratch.
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing and developing teams.
- Thorough understanding of the whole 3D production pipeline, and all the tools required for it.
- Experience both with character and environment sculpting and modeling.
- Good eye for color and lighting.
- Good knowledge of technical constraints of mobile development and asset optimization.
- Good knowledge of open-world MMO-style games.
Desirable additional skills:
- Technical Art background and/or experience of working inside Unity - specifically VFX, lighting and shaders.
- Experience with 3D rigging and animation
- Knowledgeable about UI/UX design principles and wireframe creation
- Experience with not only working remotely, but also remotely managing teams of artists.
- External production and outsourcing experience
- Experience with cel shading / toon-shading art styles
- Unlimited holiday leave (minimum 5 weeks).
- Monthly well-being allowance (mental well-being, sports, massage, etc.).
- Home office allowance.
- Fully remote & flexible working hours.
- Equal pay policy.
- Equal maternity, paternity, adoption leave (18 weeks) after 1 year of seniority.
- Maternity/Paternity/ Adoption subsidy of 3k euros after 1 year of seniority.
- Stock option plan.
- Health insurance compensation a one-to-one basis, depending on geographical location & company's policy.
- Additional benefits depending on the geographical location.
Please mention the word **APPROVAL** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMDAuMjAz when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMDAuMjAz). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok