Posted 25 Feb 2023, 5:11 pm
Senior Data Engineer at CoW Protocol
About the role:
At CoW Protocol, we have many opportunities to work with data each and every day.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to support us in extracting relevant data from the Ethereum blockchain. In this role, your primary responsibilities will be creating and maintaining data pipelines, building out our data infrastructure, and supporting other teams in their data needs.
The ideal candidate is passionate about working with the data and creating impact from the ground up in a fast-paced environment.
- Partner with different stakeholders within the company to understand and address their data needs.
- Create, maintain, and optimize data pipelines and queries and facilitate easy consumption of data results.
- Build the infrastructure required for performant extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- End-to-end ownership of all engineering aspects of the solution. Deploy inclusive data quality checks, tests, and code review processes to ensure the high quality and correctness of data.
- Proactively suggest new data types that provide relevant insights to the product/business/marketing team.
- Connect with the Ethereum community, follow trends, and stay up to date about new analytical tools that help extract relevant data from the blockchain.
- 5+ years of experience working in similar data engineering positions at reputable engineering teams.
- Experience in designing, implementing, deploying, and maintaining efficient data architectures.
- Proficiency in Python and/or other modern programming language development experience.
- Proficiency in querying databases and data modeling, in particular SQL and relational databases experience.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers and distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Dune Analytics etc.
- Passion for engineering best practices such as code reviews, testing, continuous integration, and delivery.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- You are obsessed with numbers and a strong believer in data-driven decision-making.
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, able to multi-task and also work independently.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible work environment: join one of our hubs in Berlin or Lisbon or work remotely with the option of joining a local coworking space.
- Competitive compensation and a stake in the success of the project (token plan).
- Regular trips to reunite with the rest of the team.
- Conference budget to keep up to date with the developments of the ecosystem.
- Learning budget to support your higher ambitions.
- Impact: If you are joining a startup, and you can make a huge difference. Your work matters!
Life in CoW Protocol is a fantastic journey, we pride ourselves on the way we work together. We like autonomy, we think big, and have a growth mindset. We value initiatives and ownership. Our work is open source, designed code is publicly accessible - anyone can see, modify, and distribute the code as they see fit.
Location: We are a fully remote team, and although we hire globally, there is a preference for this role to be based in Europe or remote +/- 4 hours CEST time
Position: Full-time contractor
Please mention the word **CONCILIATORY** and tag RMzUuMjE0LjE3My4yMjI= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzUuMjE0LjE3My4yMjI=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok