Posted 23 Feb 2023, 5:11 pm
Copywriter at CoW Protocol
About CoW Protocol
CoW Protocol is on a mission to create the fairest and most efficient venue for exchanging digital assets on all EVM-compatible chains. Since launching a year ago, we have passed $20bn (yes, billion) in trade volume, and become the 2nd most popular DEX Aggregator on the market -- aiming for #1. If you are a high-performing team player who wants to work on some of the most important problems in Ethereum (MEV protection, consumer protection, batch auctions, and more), we want to talk to you!
CoW Protocol is looking for a copywriter that will help us become the most-iconic brand in DeFi. This person should be equally capable of writing for technical and creative contexts and should be obsessed with making our brand and product propositions as understandable and approachable as possible.
The copywriter is crucial to nearly every aspect of our growth plan and reports to the Head of Marketing.
What you’ll do
- Write short sentences for social media, search ads, banner ads, and other types of ads
- Write long sentences and paragraphs for docs, blog posts, forum posts, websites, FAQs, developer guides, and bounty RFPs
- Copy-edit words that others write for our blog, websites, and product interfaces
- Interview colleagues to understand and distill their thinking into product announcements, guides, explainers, and industry points-of-view
- Simplify technically-innovative product information into words that anyone with any level of crypto knowledge can understand
- Develop and constantly refine onboarding materials for technical partners that might build for CoW Protocol’s APIs in partnership with the Developer Advocate (future hire)
- Define CoW Swap’s tone of voice, both overarchingly and by channel; maintain voice and style guides that drive consistency for the brand
- Ultimately own all consumer-facing copy from CoW Swap; assist in the development and management of CoW Swap’s editorial calendar and information architecture
- Concept ideas for creative campaigns in partnership with the Visual Designer and see those campaigns through to execution
- Maintain a copy bank of cow jokes and puns for us to leverage continually
- Report periodically on content performance, using content analytics platforms; learn from performance data and update outputs accordingly
Who you are
- Someone who hates jargon. You can’t even spell jrgon. Is that even a word? 🙂
- Obsessed - obsessed - with the crypto space in general and DeFi in particular … always learning and teaching the rest of us about new developments in Ethereum
- Capable of explaining Sandwich Attacks to your grandfather
- Interested in writing in a playful tone of voice
- Obsessed with rules and consistency
- Able to think structurally
- A master of memes
- Highly-skilled in the craft of the English language
- Incredibly detail-oriented – no typo . gets past you
Bonus points if you
- Are a CoW Swap user
- Have experience writing SEO-optimized copy for websites and/or blogs
- Have experience working with OpenAI/GPT-3 tools to optimize your workflow
- Can think strategically about managing our narrative in the marketplace
What we can offer you
- Flexible work environment: join one of our hubs in Berlin or Lisbon or work remotely with the option of joining a local coworking space
- Regular trips to reunite with the rest of the team
- High level of autonomy, independency, and ownership
- Conference budget to keep up to date with the developments of the ecosystem
- Learning budget to support your higher ambitions
- Company tokens
- Work alongside the biggest projects and names of the space
- Impact: you are joining a startup where you can make a huge difference. Your work matters!
- But most importantly - grow with us!
Life in CoW Protocol is an amazing journey, we pride ourselves on the way we work together. We like autonomy, we think big, and have a growth mindset. We value initiatives and ownership. Our work is open source, designed code is publicly accessible - anyone can see, modify, and distribute the code as they see fit.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
We look forward to your application!
How to apply?
If you're someone who loves taking initiative and getting things done, we are excited to receive your CV and preferably a portfolio in English.
At CoW Protocol, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or physical ability.
Please mention the word **EMINENT** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok