Posted 23 Feb 2023, 6:51 pm
DevOps Tech Lead at Palm NFT Studio
Full-Time, Remote, Time Zones Preferred EST
In partnership with major IP rights holders, brands, and artists, our goal is to build a more open, inclusive, creative, and sustainable economy in web3.
Remote First: You’ll be part of a globally distributed team!
Equity: We want everyone to have an equity stake in the success of Palm NFT Studio.
Flexible work schedule: Working remotely with a globally distributed team allows you to work asynchronously and create a flexible work schedule.
Competitive Benefits: We offer a competitive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and EAP; as well as a 401k retirement program for US employees.
Unlimited vacation/holidays: We value work life balance and encourage employees to take time to reset and recharge. We also encourage you to have no meetings on Fridays to make time for deep work.
About Palm NFT Studio
Palm NFT Studio empowers artists, brands, and fans to build deep vertical communities on-chain: redefining digital experiences through NFTs. To date, Palm NFT Studio has built "The Currency" with Damien Hirst and HENI and delivered innovative NFT experiences for Universal Music Group, Warner Bros., and DC, including the brand’s primary and secondary marketplace.
Palm NFT Studio is led by co-founder and CEO Dan Heyman, former General Manager of protocols at ConsenSys. Investors include Microsoft’s venture fund M12,Griffin Gaming Partners, RRE, Third Kind Venture Capital, Sfermion, the LAO, Warner Bros., and SK Inc., among others. The founding team includes ConsenSys founder and Ethereum co-founder Joseph Lubin; film producer and owner of Heyday Films, David Heyman; and founder of the world-class art house HENI Group, Joe Hage.
About the Palm Network
Palm NFT Studio is one of the contributors to the Palm network. The Palm network is an Ethereum-compatible sidechain, built to serve as the foundation of a new scalable and sustainable ecosystem for NFTs. It is designed by, and for, Ethereum developers and features low gas costs and fast transaction finality. The Palm network uses the IBFT-2 consensus mechanism, a rotating Proof of Authority consensus method, in lieu of Proof of Work. This substantially reduces the computing power required and allows the Palm network to be 99% more energy-efficient than Proof of Work systems. To date, more than 3.5 million NFTs have been minted on the Palm network. There are currently 1.1 million wallet addresses, over 4 million NFTs, and more than 5 million transactions.
About the role
As our DevOps Tech Lead you will be leading the DevOps team, which maintains our platform that runs all of our services. Your job will be to ensure it's secure, scalable, maintainable, well documented and cost-efficient. Alongside this core responsibility, the DevOps team also partners closely with our tech and product teams. This means providing support with pipelines, infrastructure as code, performance troubleshooting, and defining best practices.
You will work closely with our tech teams and CTO to help meet the day to day business needs at Palm NFT Studios, primarily by delivering development, security and cost improvements through the intelligent application of DevOps principles.
- Improvement, maintenance and quality of infrastructure and development pipelines.
- Contribute significantly in the transition towards increasingly microservice based architecture.
- Coach others in solid DevOps principles.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the product codebase and contribute changes where required.
- Understand the platform technical and business roadmap and ensure that all initiatives are aligned with the roadmap
- Design and develop technical solutions of new software development and enhancement efforts.
- Coordinate coding and unit testing phases of system development and facilitate Code Reviews
- Approves domain solutions and executes changes in line with the implementation plan.
- Liaises with Senior Leadership on project, operational, and strategy risks and opportunities, along with corrective action plans when required.
- Manages delivery on all project and operational commitments, including quality and timeliness metrics.
- Coaches, mentors and delegates work with lower level professionals.
- Administration of CI Tools (Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube)
- Build/Enhance new capabilities and features to expand CI/CD tools offerings
- Ensure availability of the CI products
- Continuously monitor, maintain and optimize performance of CI Tools
- Work closely with vendors in addressing any major upgrades, plug-ins and critical tickets
- Work with global teams across the organization to troubleshoot critical CI tools related issues
- Stay current with relevant emerging technologies, assess application to DevSecOps Support challenges or opportunities determining business benefit and impact.
- 5+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer with a strong knowledge of CI/CD automation
- Good knowledge of Cloud based services with AWS and/or Azure - able to compare and make recommendations
- Previous experience leading a team
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools and Terraform knowledge
- Running production workloads on hosted Kubernetes clusters (e.g. EKS)
- Experience of CI/CD pipeline administration and best practices for deploying to production
- Understanding of reliability engineering for cloud based workloads - observability tooling and solid fundamentals with regards to systems performance and troubleshooting
- 5 or more years of working experience with Industry standard DevSecOps CI/CD Tools including: source code repository management, CI pipeline configuration, and/or binary repository management.
- 5 or more years of Development experience using either of the development platform (Java, Python, .NET, JS)
- 2 or more years of container experience
Hands on knowledge on following tools.
Jenkins or equivalent CI Tool (must)
- Start-up experience
- Blockchain / smart contract development: Solidity / Ethereum, Web3.js or Ethers.js libraries
- NFT market experience
- ERC standards knowledge
- Passionate about automation
- Experience in Domain Driven Design
How to apply
Does this position sound like a good fit? Please apply!
If you have any issues submitting your application, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palm NFT Studio is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our organization is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please mention the word **SKILL** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok