Posted 21 Feb 2023, 5:11 pm
Senior Backend Software Engineer at Stellar
Senior Software Engineers on the Disbursements team are helping build a first-of-its-kind blockchain solution to deliver instant and transparent bulk payments at scale, starting with humanitarian aid and refugee cash transfers. The Stellar Disbursement Platform is engineered for performance, affordability, and scale, with a quick and easy deployment at implementing organizations. The product leverages the power of the Stellar network and its ecosystem to help organizations get money into the hands of people instantly, across the world. The SDF is expanding the Disbursements Team to meet these needs.
Senior Software Engineers on the Anchor team work on the platform that provides on and off ramps for global payment transactions. Anchors connect the Stellar network to traditional banking rails so that all the world's currencies can interoperate on a single, seamless platform. By providing access to local on/off ramps, they empower the apps and services built on Stellar to enable borderless access to financial infrastructure. Your work will go far to help unlock the world’s economic potential through fiat-to-digital on/off ramps and new payment onboarding services world wide.
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer, you will leverage your technical expertise to develop solutions, address and resolve distributed systems scalability and reliability challenges and remove obstacles to our partners’ success. You will communicate learnings and define product requirements internally to help improve the SDF’s ecosystem of products and standards as they evolve in a rapidly changing landscape. We are looking for an engineer with the ability to help support partners with internal implementation of the tool and provide implementation consulting and troubleshooting to external organizations who are often implementing a blockchain-based tool for the first time.
- Work on a small team, helping to architect, design, planning, and development of products and features that enable disbursements that provide fast and secure payment delivery options quickly, affordably, and transparently
- Engage with SDF partners consistently on a technical level that directly address customer technical and business goals
- Work with the SRE team to ensure high quality delivery into production
- Estimate timelines for tasks and effectively manage projects to completion
- Build for both closed and open source projects
- Be an advocate for partners and the open source community by keeping their needs front and center
- The ability to work in and ramp up quickly with multiple programming languages
- Experience building distributed systems within a microservices architecture at scale
- Experience with design and development of REST APIs
- Solid grasp of at least one SQL or NoSQL database technology such as Postgres or MongoDB
- Have deployed and supported products on at least one Cloud provider such as AWS or GCP
- Experience taking a project from scoping requirements through launch
- Outstanding interpersonal abilities and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, combined with strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
You might also
- Be fluent in Go, Java, C++, Python or similar programming languages
- Digital payments/fintech experience
- Experience with or understanding of infrastructure engineering that includes monitoring, container orchestration, CI/CD, and Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Experience with blockchain networks, and understand the fundamentals of these systems
- Have authored detailed technical protocol specifications - we take design seriously, and we encourage everyone to be a part of the development of our technical ecosystem standards
- Be a contributor to open source projects
We offer competitive pay with a base salary range for this position of $150,000 - $190,000 (Senior Level) or $185,000 - $235,000 (Staff Level) depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, we offer lumen-denominated grants along with the following perks and benefits:
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats
Stellar is a decentralized, fast, scalable, and uniquely sustainable network for financial products and services. It is both a cross-currency transaction system and a platform for digital asset issuance, designed to connect the world’s financial infrastructure. Dozens of financial institutions worldwide issue assets and settle payments on the Stellar network, which has grown to over 7 million accounts.
About the Stellar Development Foundation
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-profit organization that supports the development and growth of Stellar, an open-source network that connects the world’s financial infrastructure. Founded in 2014, the Foundation helps maintain Stellar’s codebase, supports the technical and business communities building on the network, and serves as a voice to regulators and institutions. The Foundation seeks to create equitable access to the global financial system, using the Stellar network to unlock the world’s economic potential through blockchain technology.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Please mention the word **EXHILARATION** and tag RNTQuMTg0LjkyLjEzOQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNTQuMTg0LjkyLjEzOQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok