Posted 18 Feb 2023, 6:51 pm
Senior Software Engineer at Copper
The department environment
We aim to achieve a balance between corporate culture and start-up culture, while being close to product solutions. Therefore, we divide our department into small self-sufficient teams that can make decisions on their own.
Working in a fast and dynamic environment, you will participate in every stage of product and feature development: to support, improve, and create from scratch back-end services that handle over 50 blockchain protocols with more than 500 cryptocurrency assets used by the largest institutional clients.
You’ll do lots of research and develop your knowledge regarding cryptocurrency and blockchain, including data processing, protocols integration etc. In addition to this, you'll be surrounded by friendly high-level specialists who are ready to share their knowledge.
The team is currently implementing several major product changes that will improve client experience with cryptocurrency interactions, like secure cryptocurrencies management or simplifying user flows when interacting with Decentralised Finance (DeFi) protocols.
Research and build new back-end microservices that manage business processes related to custody, trading, and settlement of digital assets, as well as building integrations with cryptocurrency exchanges, traditional financial services providers, payment networks and other third parties.
- As a key member of the product development team, participate in every stage of product and feature development - from conceptualisation to architecture, to build, to release, to iteration and support
- Build the backend services for our new features, as well as supporting the existing product lines
- Build integrations with traditional financial services providers and other third parties
- Contribute to code reviews, architectural decisions, and agile practices within the team
- Support and solve problems from clients and stakeholders
- Provide mentorship to more junior colleagues
Your key skills and experience
- 2+ years’ experience building applications in Scala or Kotlin
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Well-versed with (and committed to) the OOP paradigm and design patterns
- Familiarity with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- An understanding of the critical importance of unit tests, well-versed and able to build automated tests of server-side code
- The ability to prioritise, distinguish between major and minor issues, and not get hung up on the latter
- Experience working on blockchain development (cryptocurrency wallets, blockchain data processing, DeFi, Smart Contracts etc)
- Experience with traditional financial services
- Experience of building workflow engines
- Experience of service bus architecture
What we offer
- Work with talented colleagues at the forefront of financial technology
- Competitive salary
- Bi-annual bonus incentive
- Employee Growth Share incentive
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holiday entitlement
- Private medical and dental care
- Pension with matched contribution, up to 10% of salary
- Home Working Energy Support Scheme
- Breakfast and refreshments in the office
- And more!
In return for everything you bring to Copper, we offer an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with career opportunities and welcoming working environment.
Copper is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunities in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. So, bring us your experience, perspectives, and skills. It is in our differences that we will continue to grow and ensure Copper is setting the institutional standard for digital assets.
Please mention the word **COMPREHENSIVE** and tag RNjYuMjcuNDQuNTg= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNjYuMjcuNDQuNTg=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok