Posted 18 Feb 2023, 6:51 pm
Senior Software Engineer at Hiro
Sorry, but this job listing has expired!
Hiro is the leading developer tools company for Stacks, the open-source network which makes Bitcoin programmable. Our mission is to accelerate mainstream adoption of blockchain technology and build a better, user-owned internet for all. Hiro was founded in 2013 under the name Blockstack PBC and is headquartered in New York City with employees and contractors distributed across the globe. Hiro is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and many more.
About the Opportunity:We're looking for an experienced engineer to help build our main products: APIs, developer tools, libraries and SDKs. You'll collaborate with a team and work independently to architect and deliver feature upgrades and improvements on the platform. In this role, you will build critical features for our developer community. You must be comfortable working in diverse development ecosystems and have worked independently in a rapidly scaling startup. OSS experience is preferred as we are an open source project.
What You'll Do
- Build open-source developer tools for the Stacks blockchain, including but not limited to APIs, SDKs, command line tools and services
- Build developer tools and services for the Hiro Platform: this is a greenfield effort and a unique opportunity to participate in building a new product from the ground-up
- Work on stacks-blockchain-api: a rich and developer-friendly set of APIs for Stacks blockchain data, including full support of the Rosetta specification. Currently serving >10M queries daily
- Collaborate with blockchain engineers and product engineers to help create a compelling developer experience
- Help shape the product & technical strategy for developer tools in the Stacks ecosystem
What We're Looking For
- 8+ industry experience as a software engineer(or equivalent)
- Experience building open-source developer tools(APIs, SDKs, services)
- Experience working on production services, with CI/CD tools and with cloud providers like AWS and GCP
- Proficiency in at least one language or framework for building tools and services(e.g. NodeJS, Express, Rust, Go etc)
- Strong understanding and comfort with storage / caching solutions ranging from SQL databases(e.g. Postgres) to NoSQL systems(e.g. Redis)
We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t have experience or interest in every bullet. There’s no perfect candidate and we want to find the right fit, even if it’s different than we imagine. We especially would like to meet underrepresented/underestimated candidates.
Hiro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Hiro is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Please mention the word **TREMENDOUSLY** and tag RNjYuMjcuNDQuNTg= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNjYuMjcuNDQuNTg=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok